Hi everyone, just got my Note 2 last night and loving it so far. I have a few questions though. On my galaxy S3 when I was in contacts and put the phone up to my ear it would automatically dial the number. I read that the Note 2 can do this, have tried numerous settings, not sure where to go if I missed it somewhere. Can someone tell me what to check in settings to get the phone to do it?
    Also, and I have read this is a common problem on the Note 2, the screen goes black when I"m on a call and when I go to hang up have to hit the power button. Is the screen suppose to do this? Is there a setting to keep it on?
    Thanks in advance, appreciate the help.
    11-01-2013 02:47 PM
    Never mind about putting the phone to my ear, it was in Settings>Motion>Direct Dial. I have that one solved, but anyone know how to make the screen stay on longer when in a call or so I can hang up. I know about being able to use the home button and enable it to hang up, just was hoping to have the screen stay on during a call. Maybe an app?
    11-01-2013 03:22 PM
    Open the phone app > menu button > call settings > uncheck auto screen off during calls.

That should keep your screen on when using the phone app.

When the screen is always on during your call, it is easy to mash buttons with your cheek.

Edit #2
    Another option:
    Settings > Accessibility > Answering/Ending calls > Check The power key ends calls
    This will allow you to end a call by just hitting the power button. If you don't want your screen always on during calls

I will be ready for my next upgrade by the time I learn all the options and settings built in to this phone.
    Andy847 likes this.
    11-01-2013 04:41 PM
    Thanks so much, that did the trick. I appreciate your help

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-01-2013 08:00 PM