Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - You Tube questions.

mothershipload

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when I'm driving, I'll have YouTube play a music video, and I'd lay the phone in the car's cupholder just to listen. Obviously, I can't watch the video while driving. To save battery, I want to put the phone on standby. But as soon as I do that, YouTube stops playing. Why? This is unlike other apps, such as Pandora, or Google Play, they can still play in the background, even when the phone is on standby (screen is off).
Thanks,

brandonv79

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I believe it is due to the fact that it is a video. All video streaming apps that I have used will pause as soon as the screen is turned off. Music apps are designed to run in the background. But if you are using a video app like YouTube than most likely you are going to watch the video. So if the screen is off then it would pause so you don't miss anything. Best way around this would be to just put the brightness down all the way.

Brandon

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Another issue, when a video starts playing, the screen gets darker and a icon pops up(wifi antenna in the corner of a box). Anyone else have this happen? What's the meaning?
Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Another issue, when a video starts playing, the screen gets darker and a icon pops up(wifi antenna in the corner of a box). Anyone else have this happen? What's the meaning?
Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Do you have the bt on? When I shut my bt off that icon went away and the screen got brighter, I believe the last update did that

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol