Sometimes when I'm driving, I'll have YouTube play a music video, and I'd lay the phone in the car's cupholder just to listen. Obviously, I can't watch the video while driving. To save battery, I want to put the phone on standby. But as soon as I do that, YouTube stops playing. Why? This is unlike other apps, such as Pandora, or Google Play, they can still play in the background, even when the phone is on standby (screen is off).
    Thanks,
    11-04-2013 01:49 AM
    I believe it is due to the fact that it is a video. All video streaming apps that I have used will pause as soon as the screen is turned off. Music apps are designed to run in the background. But if you are using a video app like YouTube than most likely you are going to watch the video. So if the screen is off then it would pause so you don't miss anything. Best way around this would be to just put the brightness down all the way.

Brandon
    11-04-2013 08:19 AM
    Another issue, when a video starts playing, the screen gets darker and a icon pops up(wifi antenna in the corner of a box). Anyone else have this happen? What's the meaning?
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-04-2013 04:36 PM
    Another issue, when a video starts playing, the screen gets darker and a icon pops up(wifi antenna in the corner of a box). Anyone else have this happen? What's the meaning?
    Do you have the bt on? When I shut my bt off that icon went away and the screen got brighter, I believe the last update did that

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2
    11-04-2013 05:06 PM
    No, BT was off...
    Do you have the bt on? When I shut my bt off that icon went away and the screen got brighter, I believe the last update did that

11-04-2013 06:44 PM
    No, BT was off...

If your still having a problem I found the fix go to the android drawer http://www.androiddrawer.com/ it's a repository for apps search for YouTube and download the previous version that will overwrite the new update and get rid of this annoying issue. Fixed my YouTube app

11-08-2013 08:23 AM