Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - Is anyone using the 4.4 launcher?

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm running the 4.4 default launcher (as well as Play Services and Google Now) on my 4.1 Note 2, everything seems to be working fine so far.

It's a very bare-bones launcher. There is nothing in the way of customizations or menus (no transitions, no grid dimensions, etc). The 4x4 grid can't be changed, and doesn't really look good on the big Note 2 screen (IMO).

I understand that the 4.4 OS has some sort of launcher manager in the settings, so I believe the intent of this stock launcher is to provide the most basic functionality that is super easy for non-techies to use, and encourage the use of third party launchers for those who are comfortable tinkering.

I'll probably go back to Nova or Buzz, but it's cool to see what this new launcher is about.

mbarney35

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I was using it for a day or so. I switched back to Nova because it was just too bland and not as functional as Nova. Not being able to change the grid size really hurt it's usefulness for me as well. It was just so much wasted screen.

With that being said, I could certainly see it being a very nice options for others.

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Been running it for a week now. Its very stripped down but it is nice and smooth. I'll only be running it for another day or so until I go back to Nova Launcher

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried it, but didnt care for it. I could only load like 8 or 12 apps into a folder, and it didnt look right on screen because of the resolution I assume. Back to TW for me.

kentrol72

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Se here. The resolution was off and there seemed to be a limit on how many apps/ widgets you could put on a scrren. I was running it for about half a day when I start having issues. Phone would force close the 4.4 launcher. I uninstalled it but my Google Now ses different. Much improved

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc