why is my Note 2's 8mp camera so much worse than my 6-yrs-old cheap Canon 8mp point&shoot camera?

centerwaters

May 2, 2012
Visit site
why is my Note 2's 8mp camera so much worse than my 6-yrs-old cheap Canon 8mp point&shoot camera?

I know this is going to sound silly, but I was wondering why my Note 2's 8mp camera is so much worse than my 6-yrs-old cheap Canon 8mp point&shoot camera? I bought the little Canon and kept it in my car's glove box during all these years. It was just so I would have a camera in the car at all times. Never used it.

I forgot my phone today, so I took out the camera and used it at the museum. I can't believe what I've been missing by using my phones as camera during the last couple of years.(Galaxy Nexus, S3, and now Note 2)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: why is my Note 2's 8mp camera so much worse than my 6-yrs-old cheap Canon 8mp point&shoot camera

I know this is going to sound silly, but I was wondering why my Note 2's 8mp camera is so much worse than my 6-yrs-old cheap Canon 8mp point&shoot camera? I bought the little Canon and kept it in my car's glove box during all these years. It was just so I would have a camera in the car at all times. Never used it.

I forgot my phone today, so I took out the camera and used it at the museum. I can't believe what I've been missing by using my phones as camera during the last couple of years.(Galaxy Nexus, S3, and now Note 2)
Point and shoot cameras usually have better sensors than smart phones. Hence the better quality pictures, I find the video on my phone better than the point and shoot cameras though

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: why is my Note 2's 8mp camera so much worse than my 6-yrs-old cheap Canon 8mp point&shoot camera

Pixel density, sensors, quality of the lens, etc. are all factors.
For instance, my 10 mp DSLR in theory will take better photos then a 12mp phone camera.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com

Is your lens messed up maybe? I find that in some situations the Note 2 actually takes better pics than my 6 year old (?) Canon PowerShot S5IS. I'm even amazed at the low light abilities of the Note 2 camera. The only shots it really screws up are with the flash on. But, I have not found a phone camera flash yet that doesn't make a mess of things.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

The MP rating is about the least important stat on a camera. The s5 and note 4 however will have a new camera tech that is supposed to increase lighting quality by 30% in pictures. The pixels are supposed to be half the size of the HTC ONE camera pixels. Curious to see this

sent from Galaxy Note 2

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site

As others have said, your camera likely has a better sensor, and it almost certainly has better optics. It also likely has optical zoom, which your phone doesn't have.

Posted via Android Central App

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

What I detest about the camera is the slow shutter speed . I get a lot of blurred images because of that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

What I detest about the camera is the slow shutter speed . I get a lot of blurred images because of that.

One of the good things about the Galaxy Nexus. No shutter lag.....
It always has been said that the best camera is the one on you, but if it takes a bit to load the app and even take the photo, then the opportunity is lost :(.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com

I don't know if this is the case, but maybe there is a setting somewhere that needs to be changed? Mine fires off instantly...there is no noticeable lag at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan