Storage is scarce

Profaniter

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys how are you doing? ..I have a question, right now my internal storage is getting close to full and I don't know why, I saw that the miscellaneous files are HUGE compared to others, how can I clean up to get enough storage?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree, my storage is getting low too and its mostly "miscellaneous files". Odd thing is its listing a large amount of saved emails and yet when I go to my email program and click on saved NOTHING comes up? I wonder where all this mysterious saved email is? I deleted camera zoom & kindle from my miscellaneous files but it really made no difference

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the emails in the Trash folder?

For getting an overview what occupy your storange install and run the free app DiskUsage.
Look at the overview and simply zoom on detail ... on the same screen :) ... genial little tool.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I installed disk usage app. So what is the difference between storage card and external storage card?

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I installed disk usage app. So what is the difference between storage card and external storage card?
Not using a Note so I just guess:
1. Storage card might be your embedded storage, the storage where your apps are installed and the apps' data and your data are stored.
2. External storage card might be your plug-in SD card.
Note: If both have the same amount of storage then Android/Samsung just renamed the storage with a previous update , so both are shown but with different names ... an experiece with my HTC phone.

BTW, had you a look on your mail app's trash folder for that 'saved' emails?

Last edited:

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Three levels of storage: phone memory, internal sd, external sd. It can be very frustrating when the phone memory is scarce but you are cleaning the internal sd because you are using a tool that doesn't show phone memory.

I'm using the free app "my drives" whicj shows all three. One more hint: if you have removed data from phone memory and don't see any improvement, try a power down and restart

Last edited:

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
it says I have 332 kb of saved email but there is nothing in either my saved file or my trash file....zero, nothing. Very odd