Updated feedback on voice quality

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Currently, I'm looking for a phone for my mother. She wants/needs a large screen phone, so since I'm on Verizon, I'm looking at the Notes 2/3 and LG G2. Her main priorities will be voice calls and texting. I'm hearing a lot about the voice quality issues on the Note3 and G2 (G2 seems to have a few other issues as well). She is nowhere near being a demanding user and outside of voice calls and texting, all other features will likely go wasted on her.

Since the Note2 has been out for a year, how is the voice quality on it now? I read in other forums how the note2's call quality is subpar/bad... but not as bad as the current issues with the G2 and note3 which might get cleared up via updates. My mother is coming from a Sprint LG optimus which isn't the greatest to start with, either.

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a note 2 on Verizon and I haven't had any issues with voice quality. Also you can put this phone in easy mode for her.

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
No problems here, either. But if all she's going to use the phone for is voice and text, there's no reason to get the latest and greatest. An original Note might even be acceptable for her, assuming you can find one at a good price.

Posted via Android Central App

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, so if there are any amazing deals on the Note2, i'll probably get that. I don't think the original note was on verizon, was it?

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
No the original note wasn't on Verizon. I've seen note 2s going for as little as $250 on other forums. Just have to search.

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar