check for an update... reports of a 4.3.3 OTA has been posted

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
i guess if updates are important to you, the only real option is google nexus. i thought when i bought a top of the line device that i would get regular updates. i thought it was just a freak thing when i had my thunderbolt and we were one of the last phones to get ICS, and it didnt come until my contract was either up or just about up(cant remember exactly)

- - - Updated - - -

but thats why im rooted and unlocked

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Nothing here in Dallas, TX yet, but I'm concerned whether the features in the update will be worth the risk of any issues the update will bring, like poorer battery life.

Maybe I'll wait to see what the masses think after a week or so.

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Nothing here in Dallas, TX yet, but I'm concerned whether the features in the update will be worth the risk of any issues the update will bring, like poorer battery life.

Maybe I'll wait to see what the masses think after a week or so.

From what I understand none of the note 3 functions will come with the update. You're better off rooting and unlocking and using skynote 4.3. It is perfect

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
it should be your way soon dude, I'm in Dayton, Ohio. can't be far.

I don't think the update is by region....I mean I definitely should have it by now if ur in dayton. Plus my phone number is actually from Findlay, Ohio which is even closer to where I currently am in Toledo.

kdwisdom

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Talked to Verizon today and they said the update started rolling out Friday and that the last one took about two weeks but he would be surprised if it took me that long to get mine. Hoping that's true :)

Posted via Android Central App

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Fwiw if you aren't already rooted and unlocked and you think you may want to. Now is the time. Once you receive ota there is no guarantee you'll ever be able to root and unlock your phone again

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
But yes, do research before rooting and unlocking and know you could brick your phone and no one will be responsible other than you

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

weasel123

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
we all knew that Verizon takes forever for updates so why do you guys always kill yourselves for the updates that don't come on time?

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
we all knew that Verizon takes forever for updates so why do you guys always kill yourselves for the updates that don't come on time?

This is true. I was just wondering what is actually doing ti be in the update. And this is probably the only place I can trust to find out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2