12-22-2013 03:59 PM
283 ... 56789 ...
tools
    It seems to be going out to a few. The guy at XDA posted a vid of it. Looks like its legit - even tho looks can be faked but Im hoping for the best

his vid:

xda thread: 4.3 Verizon Note 2 Release time and area - Page 23 - xda-developers
    Yes, that thread is growing...26 pages now as of 2130 Central...screenshots posted. Not clear yet if it's the real deal
    Michael Angotti likes this.
    12-07-2013 09:33 PM
    Yes, that thread is growing...26 pages now as of 2130 Central...screenshots posted. Not clear yet if it's the real deal
    Not calling it a fake but when he opens the about phone button did anyone notice the little i next to the text about phone it was not blue. Unless the update changed the color this could be proof of a fake.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
    12-07-2013 10:56 PM
    Why isn't the sim card in it in the video?
    12-07-2013 11:34 PM
    Why isn't the sim card in it in the video?
    He said it was a Christmas gift for his son, that is why there was no sim card in it.. Later post shows picture with his sim card in it and full signal. He is traveling so doing all this while going from one place to another. Looks like they will be uploading the update shortly. This looks legit

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    kdwisdom likes this.
    12-08-2013 03:55 AM
    He said it was a Christmas gift for his son, that is why there was no sim card in it.. Later post shows picture with his sim card in it and full signal. He is traveling so doing all this while going from one place to another. Looks like they will be uploading the update shortly. This looks legit

I still haven't seen it yet, I'll believe it when I see it.
    12-08-2013 09:05 AM
    Beanstown106 said he has the image and will soon have a flashable zip.
    12-08-2013 09:14 AM
    It's not just over an update. The are re-doing the plans again for data, and I currently have unlimited and they want me to select a data plan because I use around 10-15GB a month.....

sorry but that sounds so bogus. last month my wife and I used over 31GB on Verizon's unlimited plan. been going over 10GB a month for most of the last year.
    FSU30 likes this.
    12-08-2013 12:17 PM
    sorry but that sounds so bogus. last month my wife and I used over 31GB on Verizon's unlimited plan. been going over 10GB a month for most of the last year.
    Ouch...hurts my wallet to hear this. I'm not on the unlimited plan and pay $$, as I alone average around and 10GB per month (hopefully less now that Google Music can store on the external SD card).

Posted via Android Central App
    12-08-2013 12:25 PM
    Ouch...hurts my wallet to hear this. I'm not on the unlimited plan and pay $$, as I alone average around and 10GB per month (hopefully less now that Google Music can store on the external SD card).

Posted via Android Central App
    But don't forget I pay full price for my phones. I spent over 1,500 dollars for a couple of note 2's. But its worth it when you consider the difference between buying them for $300 each vs $750 each spread out over 2 years. the monthly cost isn't that bad compared to paying Verizon's rip off data plan prices
    12-08-2013 02:14 PM
    This day and age how do you guys find yourselves NEVER in a Wi-Fi area? I mean I live in a rural middle, GA town and I'm ALWAYS in WiFi coverage. (At home and at work) every restaurant, coffee shop, even the garage that I recently got tires had Wi-Fi. I have an allotment of 5gs of data monthly. You know how much I used last month? 1.2 GB

Sent from my Note2 using AC Forums App
    12-08-2013 02:20 PM
    I have great coverage and I get great customer service. And one question, why would you leave a carrier just because they didn't update your phone. That doesn't sound mature.
    I think these forums are mostly populated by children and teenyboppers,there's no other logical explanation.
    12-08-2013 04:48 PM
    I have a family plan with 5 people and we use on average 2Gbs
    12-08-2013 04:49 PM
    If you knew the guys in this community of XDA developers, they are not the fake it folks, they are the pioneers of roms and are working not only to get the file to the masses but to start work on the custom roms from the platform. The particular person who got it, is a very respected developer and is working with beans. These two are the rockstars behind much of what we have in the custom rom community. It is not only legit but we are days away from them releasing it for us so we do not have to wait on Big Red. Be skeptical if you want but I will have 4.3 on Verizon in days thanks to their hard work and dedication.
    annarbor likes this.
    12-08-2013 09:39 PM
    This day and age how do you guys find yourselves NEVER in a Wi-Fi area? I mean I live in a rural middle, GA town and I'm ALWAYS in WiFi coverage. (At home and at work) every restaurant, coffee shop, even the garage that I recently got tires had Wi-Fi. I have an allotment of 5gs of data monthly. You know how much I used last month? 1.2 GB

being a truck driver. i can tell you, that 75% of this country doesn't have wifi. and if it's around. it requires a password.
    CeeDotSmith and annarbor like this.
    12-08-2013 11:27 PM
    Here you go
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2561450
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    12-09-2013 06:46 AM
    I have no incentive to use Wi-Fi as I'm surrounded by fast LTE (even faster than my home Internet connection) and still have unlimited data. Besides, I don't trust public Wi-Fi, they're insecure by nature and could have a bad guy on it able to scan your data as it goes over the insecure network.

Back to the thread topic, as of this morning (12-9-13), Verizon still hasn't updated their Note 2 support page (once a software update goes live they update it. See the Benefits of Software Upgrade pdf): http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...laxynote2.html
    12-09-2013 08:28 AM
    Yeah, maybe they are soak testing it....
    12-09-2013 08:49 AM
    I surf the net at work and go on youtube and come close to using 6 gigs a month.
    You guys must not use your phone that much haha.
    12-09-2013 09:41 AM
    I use my phone for everything, more than my laptop.
    The only time I go over 2gb in a month is when I'm trying new ROMs.
    12-09-2013 11:13 AM
    Let's keep it on topic :-)

Sent from my Note 2 courtesy of Big Red
    12-09-2013 11:14 AM
    Ok, back on topic... so this guy really got the Verizon OTA and no one else has?...... and there's no mention of an update on their webpage?.... I hope it's true for our sake, but I'm a tad bit skeptical..... at least until someone else from his area confirms that they have launched.

12-09-2013 12:02 PM
    If you knew the guys in this community of XDA developers, they are not the fake it folks, they are the pioneers of roms and are working not only to get the file to the masses but to start work on the custom roms from the platform. The particular person who got it, is a very respected developer and is working with beans. These two are the rockstars behind much of what we have in the custom rom community. It is not only legit but we are days away from them releasing it for us so we do not have to wait on Big Red. Be skeptical if you want but I will have 4.3 on Verizon in days thanks to their hard work and dedication.
    I have my 4.3 and did not give up root for it, stock-ish 4.3 is awesome!
    12-09-2013 01:20 PM
    Yeah, maybe they are soak testing it....
    Does Samsung do that? ?

sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    12-09-2013 02:57 PM
    I don't know lol.
    12-09-2013 07:38 PM

i say this all of the time....because i don't want to be at the mercy of wifi.....i work hard at jumping through hoops for my new phones to keep on unlimited data so i can use my phone whenever and wherever i want and not be at the mercy of wifi!!!! i don't want to be eternally looking for wifi or stressing about everyone on my plan looking for wifi.
    12-10-2013 09:30 PM
283 ... 56789 ...