check for an update... reports of a 4.3.3 OTA has been posted

KOOLWATER

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Can't understand why this update hasn't happened when the Verizon S4 was right on time according to the leaked schedule???

Posted via Android Central App

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
what i wanna know. is will it fix the gps chip to function in a more timely manner. cuz waiting for 15 minutes for any given app to work is ridiculous.

wondering if it has that same lousy broadcom chip that acer a200 tablet has. that thing is virtually worthless.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
what i wanna know. is will it fix the gps chip to function in a more timely manner. cuz waiting for 15 minutes for any given app to work is ridiculous.

wondering if it has that same lousy broadcom chip that acer a200 tablet has. that thing is virtually worthless.

It takes you 15 minutes to lock on to GPS? I think you may have a dud. Mine doesn't take that long at all. Maybe a minute at the most.

Shimmy00

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

I had the same problem you're having with the GPS. I had to replace the phone.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
When are we getting our update?!!! :/

tu8y4ygu.jpg

Sent from my Note 2 courtesy of Big Red

kentrol72

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
You know, whats amazing is none of the Android news sources that put out the update schedule is saying anything here in the US

Sent from my SG Note 2

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I think your Verizon Galaxy Note 2 has a bad GPS chip or something.

While the Galaxy Note 2's GPS function is the slowest of all the smartphones I've ever owned, it still only takes 3 to 5 seconds to get a solid GPS lock, even indoors.

Your Galaxy Note is most likely still under warranty. Get it fixed/replaced by contacting Verizon ASAP!

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just confirmed again with my brother-in-law. His Verizon Galaxy Note 2
(purchased from Best Buy on 09/20/2013) just got the update this morning.
He is in Fremont, Ohio.(just west of Sandusky)

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Just confirmed again with my brother-in-law. His Verizon Galaxy Note 2
(purchased from Best Buy on 09/20/2013) just got the update this morning.
He is in Fremont, Ohio.(just west of Sandusky)

Screen shot? Maybe? Can't believe unless I see this... Sorry

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Screen shot? Maybe? Can't believe unless I see this... Sorry

I'm meeting him for dinner in a couple of hours. I'll ask him to do a screenshot.

I thought there are already several reports of people getting the update over on XDA forums?

My Verizon Galaxy Note 2 will never get the update, even if Verizon rolls it out to everybody.
(the problem is that I've been using it on T-Mobile for the last several months and I don't currently have a Verizon account)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze