What is my issue with AllShare Cast? Just got the Allshare Cast Dongle. On the TV screen it says "connecting" with some icons. On the phone screen "current allshare cast connection will end". Is all I get. I have rebooted, unplugged etc. I see the red blinking light, reset, blue light. (Verizon Note 2).
    12-03-2013 10:40 PM
    I gave up on any device with Allshare in the name. Had the dongle and two different Blu-rays and none of them ever got a stable connection. I hear that overpriced media dock they have now is just as bad. Its not the phone itself thats the problem. I'm using a Netgear PTV3000 now and the connection is rock solid with my Note 2 and my Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 as well as my wifes Droid Max and since it also does widi my Sony Vaio Duo 11. Apparently Samsung makes nice devices and lousy peripherals. I got a stable connection on a friends Panasonic Blu-ray also so the problem has to be Samsung. Good news is the PTV's are about half as much as the Allshare dongle. If you get one make sure you follow the instructions to update the firmware. Newest update practically eliminated any lag which is most peoples complaint with Miracast. Need for Speed works pretty good over it.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-05-2013 01:25 AM