03-02-2014 06:12 PM
47 12
tools
    haha, I just did a search and saw it at Amazon, very awesome! I had a feeling it was an extended battery......I love my N2 and don't mind the size at all, but recently put an Otterbox all over protection case; hate the grainy screen cover, but all for protecting my phone. Just wouldn't want it thicker with an extended battery and also have to worry about changing out back and forth the back cover.

I just recently got my husband to go to the N2 as well, same case and he likes to carry it in holster on his side, so that wouldn't work for him. I just put mine in my purse, so not as big a deal.
    12-06-2013 04:15 PM
    Zerolemon comes with a case. You don't put the back cover on with the 9300

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2
    12-06-2013 04:17 PM
    Any new news or has your phone gone back to holding it's own?

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2
    12-08-2013 03:55 AM
    Well, it seems to be a bit better, but not like it was a few days prior to this happening. I've kept the gsam running but have restarted my phone a few times, so that may take away from the accuracy of the app. Thanks for checking with me.

Margie
    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    12-08-2013 09:13 AM
    This is what I got out of about half of my battery but I've been on Wi-Fi since after work Friday... I typically subscribe to the 50% depth of discharge method and using that I only have to plug in once in a 24 hour period most times! That held true even when I was using a Galaxy S3 as well...

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
    12-08-2013 11:54 AM
    Yeh that's not bad at all. Over a day with about 7 hours screen time. Not bad with a stock battery

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2
    12-08-2013 12:51 PM
    Yeh that's not bad at all. Over a day with about 7 hours screen time. Not bad with a stock battery

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2
    That's what I'd likely get if I used it until it went to zero I believe! It's always MUCH better on the weekend than during the work day due to signal issues in my building!

12-08-2013 01:12 PM
    All this info is very helpful.I'd like to display my screen shots. How do you get the shots on to the website
    12-08-2013 09:12 PM
    All this info is very helpful.I'd like to display my screen shots. How do you get the shots on to the website
    If you are posting from the mobile app. Type your post and then go to the 3 dots upper right corner and select attach picture there.

Margie
    12-09-2013 09:55 AM
    Any new news or has your phone gone back to holding it's own?

Skynote 4.3 Rom'd Note 2
    I had downloaded the app "Clean Master" which does a good job freeing up cache and such, but I think even though it didn't show as sucking up a lot of the battery in the gsam.....I deleted the app and that has helped my battery a bit too. Thanks for all your help!

Margie
    12-09-2013 10:02 AM
    I'm also facing same issue on android. I will soon upload images
    12-09-2013 10:06 AM
    Here's my snapshot from this morning...I use airplane mode over night but notice all the instances of my phone waking up...

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 2: Battery going quickly-uploadfromtaptalk1386677256433.jpg  
    12-10-2013 06:07 AM
    By the way, I have always kept my screen at pretty much full brightness since I got the N2.....I'm old Haha and like it brighter.....has never been an issue with the battery.
    i started doing that with my Note 2 when i first got it this past April

but after a while and talking with my coworkers who also have the Note 2, i put it on automatic brightness.

and when i'm at work and playing music on my phone/Google Play, i put the phone on power saving mode with the brightness all the way down.
    12-16-2013 12:48 PM
    While i'm on a NOTE II from Sprint, I experienced the exact same thing.

Battery life was very good from the beginning which was early this Spring. battery life was (more than a day 30 hours, to a day and a half), and after tweaking settings and installing Battery Widget Reborn (mostly for night settings) battery was fantastic (2 plus days over 50 hours, mixed use). I've had both BWR and GSAM loaded for a while now and am familiar with what used what and when and could easily experiment with tweaks and apps to see what used juice. that was Android 4.2.....

... Then came the 4.3 update, pushed and installed it. Well that started the problems: the battery life simply collapsed to very comparable to what Margie is seeing (< day) and more importantly with (according to GSAM App Sucker) the same functions using the li,ns share of resources (android system, media and kernel, none of which were big users before). I also ran into the sudden high utilization by seldom used chrome, but that seemed to end after a few restarts following the 4.3 upgrade. SO i'm wondering if and when 4.3 might have been installed (or not) on Margies phone, and whether the drop in battery life/increase in draw was as a result of that. P.S. over the five or so days since the 4.3 "upgrade" i have tried, so far largely in vain, to recover the battery life i used to see on 4.2 . I've made some progress and now have over a day, but just barely (and that is using night mode for the overnight). also, if i use it more than light-moderately, i won't make it through the day. Hope this helps
    12-17-2013 11:19 AM
    While i'm on a NOTE II from Sprint, I experienced the exact same thing.

Battery life was very good from the beginning which was early this Spring. battery life was (more than a day 30 hours, to a day and a half), and after tweaking settings and installing Battery Widget Reborn (mostly for night settings) battery was fantastic (2 plus days over 50 hours, mixed use). I've had both BWR and GSAM loaded for a while now and am familiar with what used what and when and could easily experiment with tweaks and apps to see what used juice. that was Android 4.2.....

... Then came the 4.3 update, pushed and installed it. Well that started the problems: the battery life simply collapsed to very comparable to what Margie is seeing (< day) and more importantly with (according to GSAM App Sucker) the same functions using the li,ns share of resources (android system, media and kernel, none of which were big users before). I also ran into the sudden high utilization by seldom used chrome, but that seemed to end after a few restarts following the 4.3 upgrade. SO i'm wondering if and when 4.3 might have been installed (or not) on Margies phone, and whether the drop in battery life/increase in draw was as a result of that. P.S. over the five or so days since the 4.3 "upgrade" i have tried, so far largely in vain, to recover the battery life i used to see on 4.2 . I've made some progress and now have over a day, but just barely (and that is using night mode for the overnight). also, if i use it more than light-moderately, i won't make it through the day. Hope this helps
    Thank you for your detailed account of your experience!
    I have never received the 4.3 update. My phone is still 4.1.2 I had downloaded an app called Clean Master which even tho it didn't show up in Gsam as using a lot of battery, once I deleted the app, I saw great improvement, so not sure Chrome was a problem as I deleted it prior. I am thinking about putting Chrome back on, as I prefer it, but will see what happens. I also deleted the Gsam.

Margie
    12-23-2013 09:18 AM
    Can anyone either confirm or deny that a factory reset has helped the battery life/slow charging issue? I use the galaxy charging current app and it seems to fluctuate quite a bit. Just wanted to see if anyone had any improvement after factory resetting before I take the plunge.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    12-23-2013 08:21 PM
    As far as the charging slow, have any of you used a different charger or just changed the usb cord on the Samsung charger?

The galaxy series cord go bad and take forever to charge. Samsung is about to replace my charger, 3rd time in a year. I keep an extra charger in my car, now my cheap charger is my main one and the Samsung will be the extra one. I've seen MANY have the same problem and discover using an aftermarket charger makes their phone charge normally.
    12-24-2013 09:20 AM
    The galaxy series cord go bad and take forever to charge.
    The Samsung charger cable does seem subpar and I bought the 2.1A Verizon charger!

12-24-2013 01:39 PM
    Uninstalled Chrome, restated my phone and Here's a new screen shot of apps......I am by no means an expert at this at all, but something is just not right here. Now Android System using 29%?

Margie
    You don`t need to uninstall everything you like, to make sure your gadget would last more. Try to give it a boost, an external battery such as Zerolemon and you will see apps and Android aren`t to blame for the use of battery lifetime
    02-26-2014 05:15 AM
    You don`t need to uninstall everything you like, to make sure your gadget would last more. Try to give it a boost, an external battery such as Zerolemon and you will see apps and Android aren`t to blame for the use of battery lifetime
    Thank you, I appreciate that, as I do have a Halo 3,000 mah (pictured here) and haven't had to use it so far but carry it in my purse. I have heard the Zerolemon batteries are great, but I don't want to do an extended (thicker) one.

My original point of this post was that I have always felt the battery on my N2 was fantastic, but recently was not the case suddenly. I have now had my N2 for a year.

Margie
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 2: Battery going quickly-1393441152126.jpg  
    02-26-2014 12:59 PM
    Stopping Facebook sync and uninstalling Facebook messenger completely fixed my battery
    03-02-2014 04:42 PM
    Stopping Facebook sync and uninstalling Facebook messenger completely fixed my battery
    Thank you. I never installed messenger, and I'm not sure how to stop the syncing? I looked in the settings and I know a long time ago I turned off the contacts syncing.... that was definitely annoying! It put so much garbage on my calendar and in my contacts.

Margie
    03-02-2014 06:12 PM
47 12