02-05-2014 11:48 AM
175 ... 34567
tools
    Is this not still valid?

Mobile hotspots for all: Verizon settles with FCC for $1.25M, must allow tethering apps | VentureBeat | Mobile | by Devindra Hardawar

Why is Verizon blocking my free Hotspot capability? Maybe they need hit with another fine to remove few million $$$ from their pocket!

Posted via Android Central App
    It is valid and they appear to be working within the framework of the agreement with the FCC. In specific, Verizon was prevented from BLOCKING these apps from running but were still allowed charge customers on unlimited data plans for their use. That is why you see the provision check when you start these up; Verizon is checking to see if your account has this feature and if it does it will allow the app to continue.

We can expect them to continue to get more effective at detecting these apps as time goes on in an effort to prevent their customer base with unlimited data from using their plan in a way that is not consistent with the TOS. Of course for people on metered data plans the hot spot feature is enabled by default and there is no issue.
    dpham00 likes this.
    12-24-2013 06:42 AM
    Just went 4,3 and checked foxfi.... Working fine on mine. Noticed Blocking Mode has been added in settings. Before update I had to use Quickshortcutmaker to access it.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk
    Anyone else? This is the only post I have seen where someone had the update and foxfi wifi tethering still worked. Which version of foxfi are you use?
    12-25-2013 03:44 PM
    As I said earlier in this thread, I did successfully connect my tablet with Bluetooth, that will give me what I need, without the hotspot. I don't need more than one connection.
    Tried this as well and it's not working

12-25-2013 07:22 PM
    It is valid and they appear to be working within the framework of the agreement with the FCC. In specific, Verizon was prevented from BLOCKING these apps from running but were still allowed charge customers on unlimited data plans for their use. That is why you see the provision check when you start these up; Verizon is checking to see if your account has this feature and if it does it will allow the app to continue.

We can expect them to continue to get more effective at detecting these apps as time goes on in an effort to prevent their customer base with unlimited data from using their plan in a way that is not consistent with the TOS. Of course for people on metered data plans the hot spot feature is enabled by default and there is no issue.
    I'm not on an unlimited plan, I have a 2gb per month plan. So it sounds like they are in violation of the FCC ruling. Is there anyone out there with a limited data plan that can confirm or deny that FoxFi works?

12-25-2013 08:32 PM
    I'm not on an unlimited plan, I have a 2gb per month plan. So it sounds like they are in violation of the FCC ruling. Is there anyone out there with a limited data plan that can confirm or deny that FoxFi works?

Did you call Verizon and ask them about it?
    12-25-2013 08:36 PM
    Are you using Google now to accomplish that?

12-26-2013 09:19 AM
    My battery seriously dies so fast now its insane. I go from 100 to 70% like its nothing. If I use Chrome I lost 20% in about 25 mins or less.
    12-27-2013 01:23 AM
    I've noticed that my phone is do damn laggy now. Opening apps, closing apps, scrolling screens etc. So frustrating

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    12-27-2013 06:50 AM
    I've noticed that my phone is do damn laggy now. Opening apps, closing apps, scrolling screens etc. So frustrating

Have you done a factory reset?
    12-27-2013 11:06 AM
    Have you done a factory reset?
    No I haven't. I would have to back everything up right and lose all my stuff?

12-27-2013 03:57 PM
    Ever since the update I have noticed my wifi constantly dropping and coming back. Anyone else having this problem or know of a fix?

12-27-2013 07:11 PM
    Ever since the update I have noticed my wifi constantly dropping and coming back. Anyone else having this problem or know of a fix?

Yep! If you haven't already, delete all of your wifi connection profiles and create them again (assuming you didn't do a factory reset post-upgrade). This completely resolved this issue for me.
    12-28-2013 05:27 AM
    I am so lucky that don't have these problems and I didn't do a factory reset.
    12-28-2013 05:56 AM
    Did anyone experienced that if you're on WiFi you tried to send pictures through Gmail and it won't ever send? Or any attachments?..it'd been so frustrating for me.. I tried switching off WiFi for some moments and ta-da it worked.. Weird.. (I'm using my parents' WiFi at the moment because I'm here for Christmas vacation and this is only temporary stay, and I'm sure the WiFi works just fine) I just don't understand why it won't work on WiFi.. I also posted on another thread about text messages that if anyone noticed, that you cannot maybe "no longer" try and send pictures via text messages?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-28-2013 11:00 PM
    Did anyone experienced that if you're on WiFi you tried to send pictures through Gmail and it won't ever send? Or any attachments?..it'd been so frustrating for me.. I tried switching off WiFi for some moments and ta-da it worked.. Weird.. (I'm using my parents' WiFi at the moment because I'm here for Christmas vacation and this is only temporary stay, and I'm sure the WiFi works just fine) I just don't understand why it won't work on WiFi.. I also posted on another thread about text messages that if anyone noticed, that you cannot maybe "no longer" try and send pictures via text messages?

Just tested it again and it works fine....
    12-29-2013 12:30 AM
    After I upgraded to 4.3, when I have vibrate disabled on facebook and Gmail, when I get notifications, it still vibrates. It's annoying

12-29-2013 12:49 AM
    After I upgraded to 4.3, when I have vibrate disabled on facebook and Gmail, when I get notifications, it still vibrates. It's annoying

I have this as well. It is very annoying. I also cannot change my vibrate on text messages which is so weak now. I also don't like the keyboard. It "saves" words you type yet you can't clear the memory of it.
    12-30-2013 01:34 PM
    I have this as well. It is very annoying. I also cannot change my vibrate on text messages which is so weak now. I also don't like the keyboard. It "saves" words you type yet you can't clear the memory of it.
    Sound settings, vibration intensity. Ringer and notifications are separate

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    12-30-2013 01:42 PM
    Anybody noticing the battery drain is a little more
    My battery life is FAR worse with JB, suddenly I get less than five hours on a charge, down from about 15. I've tried everything, checked/disabled apps, etc. The only thing I can possibly figure caused this was JB. I also find the camera much laggier, and also the screen seems a touch slower to turn on when pressing the home or on/off button. Verizon, non-rooted. Anyone else?
    01-01-2014 06:24 PM
    My battery life is FAR worse with JB, suddenly I get less than five hours on a charge, down from about 15. I've tried everything, checked/disabled apps, etc. The only thing I can possibly figure caused this was JB. I also find the camera much laggier, and also the screen seems a touch slower to turn on when pressing the home or on/off button. Verizon, non-rooted. Anyone else?
    Same here, very slow. Opening apps and using home button, everything opens very slow. Also getting more battery loss than usual. Disappointed.
    01-01-2014 06:37 PM
    OMG wtF this is the biggest garbage update for me on 2 phones i just did. so sorry i didnt read up on it first. the phone is so laggy its not even funny. and i utterly cannot stand the notification bar at the top when on the home screen [the border is gone] it just blends in now and looks terrible. i seriously want my money back.
    808TBolt likes this.
    01-02-2014 04:41 PM
    at the top of my wallpaper the background is a medium blue. the notifications look fine over that. No lag here since 4.3 (and that's on TWO phones). I did the OTA, after first clearing the cache, on both phones. I did NOT do a factory reset.
    808TBolt likes this.
    01-02-2014 06:00 PM
    Just went 4,3 and checked foxfi.... Working fine on mine. Noticed Blocking Mode has been added in settings. Before update I had to use Quickshortcutmaker to access it.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk
    foxfi works on mine too, after accepting the certificate.

blocking mode enabled on 4.1.2 using quickshortcutmaker never worked properly. The issue was that you couldn't set up any custom callers...
    01-02-2014 06:03 PM
    Anyone use nova and notice sometimes it defaults back to the stock launcher

01-02-2014 08:02 PM
    i'll go over this thread in detail this weekend before deciding to do the update to 4.3. i already postponed it twice...
    01-03-2014 11:50 AM
175 ... 34567