02-05-2014 11:48 AM
175 ... 567
tools
    The ONLY option? Hardly. I use My Backup Pro and it works great.
    My backup pro is for rooted devices no?

Posted via Android Central App
    01-14-2014 04:02 AM
    My backup pro is for rooted devices no?

It cant do rooted actions (like backup the apk file) but it works fine on non-rooted devices.
    tony bag o donuts likes this.
    01-14-2014 12:58 PM
    It cant do rooted actions (like backup the apk file) but it works fine on non-rooted devices.
    Exactly. It even backs up most of your homepage icons/shortcuts.

It was on sale in the last couple of weeks for 50% off- no idea if it still is.
    01-14-2014 01:13 PM
    Ummm, well I moved a lot of my apps to the SD card and noticed that the icons on the home screens went grey with a little "sd" on them... very odd. And of course, some of those grey sd icons tell me that the app is not found. Really? So, one might think...well not a Android OS odd thing, but poorly written apps. Ok... I went to my Note 3 (which of course has a slightly different rev of 4.3), with the same apps... I moved some of these to the sd card... yeap no grey sd icons.... yeap no issues... yeap same apps... yeap same move method using the app manager... YEAP ODD.

~ScottGeek
    01-14-2014 08:27 PM
    Ummm, well I moved a lot of my apps to the SD card and noticed that the icons on the home screens went grey with a little "sd" on them... very odd. And of course, some of those grey sd icons tell me that the app is not found. Really? So, one might think...well not a Android OS odd thing, but poorly written apps. Ok... I went to my Note 3 (which of course has a slightly different rev of 4.3), with the same apps... I moved some of these to the sd card... yeap no grey sd icons.... yeap no issues... yeap same apps... yeap same move method using the app manager... YEAP ODD.

~ScottGeek
    You have to delete the icon and replace it with a fresh one from the apps menu. Not weird at all though.
    01-15-2014 07:15 AM
    You have to delete the icon and replace it with a fresh one from the apps menu. Not weird at all though.
    In the end, Yes... I rebuilt the grey sd ones... Weird/Odd? Well, IMHO, I believe so... I say this from comparison of the same process of moving apps to the SD with my Note III. Granted the two important points are that the Note III is different hardware and is running the N900...MJE base version of 4.3... and the Note II is on I605...MJ9. The point being, I did not have to delete and replace the icons on the Note III

It's not a show stopper by no means, but it is "odd"? -It's one of those- "gee not all 4.3 versions of the OS/Hardware act and do the same thing... the same way" moments

~ScottGeek
    01-15-2014 12:04 PM
    The point being, I did not have to delete and replace the icons on the Note III

~ScottGeek
    Didn't your Note III come with 4.3 already installed? If so, that's why you see the difference. The update process caused the symptom and sounds totally normal to me.
    01-15-2014 12:50 PM
    Didn't your Note III come with 4.3 already installed? If so, that's why you see the difference. The update process caused the symptom and sounds totally normal to me.
    True
    01-15-2014 01:20 PM
    Actually, no. The Note III OTA'ed a while back to ...MJE (yes it did come with 4.3, but an older rev of 4.3) and the OTA update to 4.3 of the Note II did not cause the grey sd icons... Moving the apps from main memory to the sd card causes the odd icons... and if you tap the icon too soon... as a bonus you get a app not found (got love that ).

Who knows... maybe the app/icon indexing code is not tuned well for smaller hardware....
    01-16-2014 05:58 PM
    What have I noticed? I've noticed that my WIFI is very sketchy, my BT is VERY slow to connect to anything, my battery is draining (most likely to the WIFI constantly connecting) and Verizon (who has known about these issues for some time) still has no fix from Samsung. Yea!
    01-16-2014 06:44 PM
    Anyone get a your wifi is highly unstable message

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    01-17-2014 08:37 PM
    Anyone get a your wifi is highly unstable message

YES, and its driving me nuts. I get this message at home, at Dr's office, at relatives homes... everywhere I had perfectly fine Wifi prior to 4.3.

A couple weeks after the update, I could no longer tolerate the lag, the unresponsiveness, all the issue that have been mentioned, and did a factory reset. My Note II performs much better EXCEPT for this nagging "unstable wifi" message. And its not just a message, there is something definitely wrong. It will randomly switch from wifi to 4g, and many times will have BOTH wifi and 4g icons, showing it moving data on both networks at the same time.
    I have deleted the wifi settings and started over again (the factory reset obviously did that also) to no avail. And I also tried the different settings for automatically swithing networks.
    I use a nightstand dock, and will hear/see it randomly changing networks during the night (30 ft from wifi router).

Along with wifi, I also notice a decreased performance in bluetooth.
    I use Bluetooth streaming in my car stereo ( Kenwood DPX500). I used to be able to keep my Note in my pocket and it would always sync. Now I have to place it in the cup holder near the stereo. (I know, its no big deal, but its an example that something changed).

I wonder if they (whoever they might be), for the sake of better battery performance, lowered the power output to these wifi and bluetooth radios. (Yep, I'm an old-school Ham)

01-18-2014 07:21 AM
    What have I noticed? I've noticed that my WIFI is very sketchy, my BT is VERY slow to connect to anything, my battery is draining (most likely to the WIFI constantly connecting) and Verizon (who has known about these issues for some time) still has no fix from Samsung. Yea!
    Can't speak to the BT issue, but I was getting the same message re: WiFi after the OTA (no factory reset). I simply "forgot" the wireless networks affected and re-added them and the problem was solved. It only did this for network which I had connected to and saved "profiles" for prior to the 4.3 OTA. Hope this helps.
    01-18-2014 08:32 AM
    YES, and its driving me nuts. I get this message at home, at Dr's office, at relatives homes... everywhere I had perfectly fine Wifi prior to 4.3.

A couple weeks after the update, I could no longer tolerate the lag, the unresponsiveness, all the issue that have been mentioned, and did a factory reset. My Note II performs much better EXCEPT for this nagging "unstable wifi" message. And its not just a message, there is something definitely wrong. It will randomly switch from wifi to 4g, and many times will have BOTH wifi and 4g icons, showing it moving data on both networks at the same time.
    I have deleted the wifi settings and started over again (the factory reset obviously did that also) to no avail. And I also tried the different settings for automatically swithing networks.
    I use a nightstand dock, and will hear/see it randomly changing networks during the night (30 ft from wifi router).

I use Bluetooth streaming in my car stereo ( Kenwood DPX500). I used to be able to keep my Note in my pocket and it would always sync. Now I have to place it in the cup holder near the stereo. (I know, its no big deal, but its an example that something changed).

I wonder if they (whoever they might be), for the sake of better battery performance, lowered the power output to these wifi and bluetooth radios. (Yep, I'm an old-school Ham)

You can shut it off in the Wi-Fi settings so that it doesn't pop or so you don't switch from your Wi-Fi to cell signal.
    N2myN2 and tony bag o donuts like this.
    01-18-2014 09:18 AM
    Under Advanced settings in WiFi, "auto network switch" is turned off. I've checked it many times. Is there a different setting that I'm missing?

01-19-2014 05:12 AM
    My battery life sucks can't figure it out someone help me!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - What have you noticed about 4.3?-1390247526908.jpg  
    01-20-2014 01:52 PM
    Well for starters you have GPS on. That's a big battery hog. And I see that the screen is on a lot.
    01-20-2014 02:09 PM
    Yes but I have my screen on lowest for me
    01-20-2014 02:58 PM
    How many apps are running in background?

01-20-2014 06:26 PM
    I end them all maybe 6
    01-20-2014 09:10 PM
    Since the update my golflogix app can't use the gps. I have done everything but a factory reset. I am pissed about it
    01-21-2014 10:56 PM
    Well for starters you have GPS on. That's a big battery hog. And I see that the screen is on a lot.
    His screen shot shows GPS "on", but there are no blue bars indicating active use so I'm not convinced that his GPS is the source of his battery going down in such a short time 5 hours. That is ridiculously short battery life. wonder if it's simply a bad battery, although it looks like a lot of screen "on" time in the screen shot.
    01-21-2014 11:36 PM
    I noticed that when I had the free hot spot app I could use it. But after the update I can no longer use it. Why is that? Or how can I get it back?

01-22-2014 10:16 AM
    It looks like you're not getting a good mobile network signal. The yellow indicates a weak signal. The only "flat" spot on your graph corresponds to a green line on the signal - so you went somewhere and got a better signal. In my experience, being in a "fringe" area will kill a battery in no time. If you're using the phone in the same place as you were before the 4.3 update and were getting better battery life before, I'd do a factory reset and see if that helps.
    01-24-2014 11:33 AM

Yes I have lag for sure and bad battery life. If a factory reset fixed your problems there I think I will try that. I can deal with the bad battery life but the lag is such a PITA. Formatting is no fun but it's an easy fix if you have time.
    02-05-2014 11:48 AM
175 ... 567