Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - What have you noticed about 4.3?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: What have you noticed about 4.3?

I just tried it and it doesn't work. The Verizon Mobile Hotspot comes up just like FoxFi. Are you using this with a Note 2 on 4.3?

no. i use it on my note 2 with 4.1.2. works like a champ. in fact, I just enabled it to be sure it's latest update still works. it does. it does not enable the subscription crap from verizon.

guedo78

May 8, 2011
Visit site

uninstall the app and reinstall. I wasnt origonally working after the update, but Im up and running now.

44Stretch

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

I've uninstalled and re-installed; I've tried the "nolockscreen" hashcode; I set up a lock screen pin. None of them work, whenever I try to start the hotspot the verizon mobile subscription come up. Guedo78, are you unlimited? I'm still unlimited and I think that's my problem.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I've uninstalled and re-installed; I've tried the "nolockscreen" hashcode; I set up a lock screen pin. None of them work, whenever I try to start the hotspot the verizon mobile subscription come up. Guedo78, are you unlimited? I'm still unlimited and I think that's my problem.

ahem. I am on unlimited. the only way i get the subscription screen is if i go to Settings>wireless and network>more settings>Mobile Hotspot, which of course we DON'T want to use. when I run Portable Wifi Hotspot, it enables a hotspot for me...I've used it throughout this past year.

44Stretch

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

ahem. I am on unlimited. the only way i get the subscription screen is if i go to Settings>wireless and network>more settings>Mobile Hotspot, which of course we DON'T want to use. when I run Portable Wifi Hotspot, it enables a hotspot for me...I've used it throughout this past year.

On 4.3?

I see above you said 4.1.2. FoxFi has worked great for me until the update to 4.3. I'm wondering if anyone has gotten FoxFi to work with 4.3 and unlimited.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

I posted this similar comments in another forum. Does anyone notice a tad bit slow performance in this 4.3 update? For example if I am in Facebook app right? If I want to hold down the home button and what happened was it took a while to finally load up the background running apps..it took a bit while which it normally should.. Before the update I was able to hold down the home button and it immediately load up.. As well for any apps you are in and if supposedly you want to quit and go to the home button, it also took a while too!! Its annoying!! Does anyone experience this similar small performance impact?

I think this is the same as 4.1, I remember have to change something in settings to get the home button to respond immediately when I first bought the phone. Wish I could remember how to fix it for you, but I don't think it has anything to do with the update.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

More lockscreens. Gallery changed a little. Keyboards seem bigger. Which is good for my huge hands

sent from Galaxy Note 2

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

Just got the upgrade.
Post here the changes you noticed over 4.1.2.

Hmm I've noticed a few times I'm seeing 4G on at the same time that I have a strong wifi symbol? That's disturbing. How can I fix that?

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site

When on the lock screen swipe to the right from the time and a page comes up to add them.

Can't get this to work on my lock screen. I can see the lock screen outline but it won't scroll... Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I've noticed they didn't add the smart stay video pause feature when you look away from the phone. That's the 1 thing I was actually looking forward to. Cuz I watch a lot of YouTube

sent from Galaxy Note 2

Chaunna65

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

ive updated flash when I got my update on the note 2 but the Internet crashes when I try to load facebook games when before they were working.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Anyone know how to get FoxFi working? Verizon Mobile Data keeps coming up and won't let me use FoxFi for a hotspot.
I couldn't get the Foxfi hotspot to work but I was able to Bluetooth tether. I had to download pdanet tablet to my tablet and follow the instructions.

kentrol72

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

Can't get this to work on my lock screen. I can see the lock screen outline but it won't scroll... Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

You have to touch the area on the screen with the time when you swipe to the right. You'll see it then

Sent from my SG Note 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678