Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - What have you noticed about 4.3?

DaManx22

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: What have you noticed about 4.3?

What is that?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1387752768542.jpg
    1387752768542.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 98

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site

Reading this message, hit the "home" button. There's a slight delay before it returns you to the home screen. It's very so slight and sounds like it's just being overblown, but it does seem to be present *on my phone* as well.

I don't have 4.3 yet but just trying to help out with this "delay". Could it be a transition effect? One of the first things I do when I get a phone is to turn on Developer Options and turn off all animations- makes the phone seem super fast. Maybe try that and see if that makes the delay go away.

arezevub.jpg

Profaniter

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I am so glad someone brought up the home button delay.. I still experience it since and had no ideas how to make it go back the way it was before on 4.1.2.. Anyone find out how yet? Also I found out that the developer option is removed but its hidden.. Go to about phone, tap 'Build number" 7 times and the option will show up in the setting list.. That's weird.. But I rechecked and nothing in there that will make the home button to respond delay..

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

Also I found out that the developer option is removed but its hidden.. Go to about phone, tap 'Build number" 7 times and the option will show up in the setting list.. That's weird.

How in the world did you figure out how to do that?
Do you know any more secrets?

Kmdavis jr

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

I've noticed they didn't add the smart stay video pause feature when you look away from the phone. That's the 1 thing I was actually looking forward to. Cuz I watch a lot of YouTube

sent from Galaxy Note 2

I still have smart stay

Screenshot_2013-12-23-00-36-52.png

Profaniter

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

How in the world did you figure out how to do that?
Do you know any more secrets?

I googled.. :).. Because I noticed developer option is removed after the update (to 4.3) and I googled... so this is what I discovered.. I'm not a genius or anything but yeah I snitched around XD..

- - - Updated - - -

So nobody found out how to fix the home button delay?

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

apparently EVERYONE. foxfi + 4.3 = no go at the present time according to other threads

Just went 4,3 and checked foxfi.... Working fine on mine. Noticed Blocking Mode has been added in settings. Before update I had to use Quickshortcutmaker to access it.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

I don't know about anybody else, but even before the update I was using Nova Launcher which, imo, is an improvement over the stock launcher. And now after the update things fly right along. I see no lag or home button delay

Sent from my Note 2 via AC Forums App

pastelball

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

I don't know about anybody else, but even before the update I was using Nova Launcher which, imo, is an improvement over the stock launcher. And now after the update things fly right along. I see no lag or home button delay

I would have to agree with you. It is running very well

craftEcowgirl

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

I have been using Nova launcher ever since note2 came out. I am laggy after update. When i go to open an app, it sits for many seconds before opening. Also when pulling down notification window etc.

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

I use Apex Launcher Pro and maybe that could explain my pleasure with 4.3.
My battery life is at least as good as 4.1.2 and I believe my battery lasts substantially longer.
No lags whatsoever.
I didn't do a factory reset but I do hold down my home button and close all apps before putting my phone away or back into my pocket.
No complaints with 4.3 from me.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I have been using Nova launcher ever since note2 came out. I am laggy after update. When i go to open an app, it sits for many seconds before opening. Also when pulling down notification window etc.

Yeah, I'm not getting that problem. Maybe there is a fix.

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the ability to move apps to the sd card which is great BUT the app icon is now grayed out and very difficult to see on my home screens.

Posted via Android Central App

Jay Sloan

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

I noticed the ability to move apps to the sd card which is great BUT the app icon is now grayed out and very difficult to see on my home screens.

Found the fix.....For those apps that are grayed on the home screen but not in apps, looks like the shortcut is losing some of the link information to the app on the sd card. Delete the defective shortcut from your home screen and remake it (long press in blank space, select Apps and Widgets, select app). The new shortcut should look and work OK.

Thanks to Patruns for posting in the forums.

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site

Google navigation works great of our stock 4.3. No issues at all. Just say, "Navigate to the nearest Starbucks" or "Navigate to Work" and it is done!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678