Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - What have you noticed about 4.3?

stevenkisor1

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone get a your wifi is highly unstable message

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

YES, and its driving me nuts. I get this message at home, at Dr's office, at relatives homes... everywhere I had perfectly fine Wifi prior to 4.3.

A couple weeks after the update, I could no longer tolerate the lag, the unresponsiveness, all the issue that have been mentioned, and did a factory reset. My Note II performs much better EXCEPT for this nagging "unstable wifi" message. And its not just a message, there is something definitely wrong. It will randomly switch from wifi to 4g, and many times will have BOTH wifi and 4g icons, showing it moving data on both networks at the same time.
I have deleted the wifi settings and started over again (the factory reset obviously did that also) to no avail. And I also tried the different settings for automatically swithing networks.
I use a nightstand dock, and will hear/see it randomly changing networks during the night (30 ft from wifi router).

Along with wifi, I also notice a decreased performance in bluetooth.
I use Bluetooth streaming in my car stereo ( Kenwood DPX500). I used to be able to keep my Note in my pocket and it would always sync. Now I have to place it in the cup holder near the stereo. (I know, its no big deal, but its an example that something changed).

I wonder if they (whoever they might be), for the sake of better battery performance, lowered the power output to these wifi and bluetooth radios. (Yep, I'm an old-school Ham)

Posted via Android Central App

underdonk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: What have you noticed about 4.3?

What have I noticed? I've noticed that my WIFI is very sketchy, my BT is VERY slow to connect to anything, my battery is draining (most likely to the WIFI constantly connecting) and Verizon (who has known about these issues for some time) still has no fix from Samsung. Yea! :(

Can't speak to the BT issue, but I was getting the same message re: WiFi after the OTA (no factory reset). I simply "forgot" the wireless networks affected and re-added them and the problem was solved. It only did this for network which I had connected to and saved "profiles" for prior to the 4.3 OTA. Hope this helps.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
YES, and its driving me nuts. I get this message at home, at Dr's office, at relatives homes... everywhere I had perfectly fine Wifi prior to 4.3.

A couple weeks after the update, I could no longer tolerate the lag, the unresponsiveness, all the issue that have been mentioned, and did a factory reset. My Note II performs much better EXCEPT for this nagging "unstable wifi" message. And its not just a message, there is something definitely wrong. It will randomly switch from wifi to 4g, and many times will have BOTH wifi and 4g icons, showing it moving data on both networks at the same time.
I have deleted the wifi settings and started over again (the factory reset obviously did that also) to no avail. And I also tried the different settings for automatically swithing networks.
I use a nightstand dock, and will hear/see it randomly changing networks during the night (30 ft from wifi router).

I use Bluetooth streaming in my car stereo ( Kenwood DPX500). I used to be able to keep my Note in my pocket and it would always sync. Now I have to place it in the cup holder near the stereo. (I know, its no big deal, but its an example that something changed).

I wonder if they (whoever they might be), for the sake of better battery performance, lowered the power output to these wifi and bluetooth radios. (Yep, I'm an old-school Ham)

You can shut it off in the Wi-Fi settings so that it doesn't pop or so you don't switch from your Wi-Fi to cell signal.

stevenkisor1

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Under Advanced settings in WiFi, "auto network switch" is turned off. I've checked it many times. Is there a different setting that I'm missing?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Well for starters you have GPS on. That's a big battery hog. And I see that the screen is on a lot.

His screen shot shows GPS "on", but there are no blue bars indicating active use so I'm not convinced that his GPS is the source of his battery going down in such a short time 5 hours. That is ridiculously short battery life. wonder if it's simply a bad battery, although it looks like a lot of screen "on" time in the screen shot.

Monique Holmes

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that when I had the free hot spot app I could use it. But after the update I can no longer use it. Why is that? Or how can I get it back?

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My battery life sucks can't figure it out someone help me!!!

It looks like you're not getting a good mobile network signal. The yellow indicates a weak signal. The only "flat" spot on your graph corresponds to a green line on the signal - so you went somewhere and got a better signal. In my experience, being in a "fringe" area will kill a battery in no time. If you're using the phone in the same place as you were before the 4.3 update and were getting better battery life before, I'd do a factory reset and see if that helps.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site

Yes I have lag for sure and bad battery life. If a factory reset fixed your problems there I think I will try that. I can deal with the bad battery life but the lag is such a PITA. Formatting is no fun but it's an easy fix if you have time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12