10-10-2014 06:37 PM
76 1234
tools
    This is awesome news guys. Please keep us updated if it continues to work. I will update my phone if foxfi starts working. That is the only thing holding me back.

Noted via tapatalk
    12-27-2013 08:47 PM
    This morning I tried activating the hotspot with Foxfi one more time to see if anything had changed. Much to my surprise, this time it asked to download a certificate. I clicked yes and after a couple of other clicks it fired right up. I didn't do this in my previous attempts, I have no idea why it did it today, but I am happy that it is now functioning again. Hope this wasn't a fluke and it will once again disappear, it tested it a few more times and even shut off the phone and restarted. As of right now it is still working. Hopefully Big Brother isn't watching the forum
    What is your currier? VZN or AT&T?
    12-27-2013 11:57 PM
    Same with my Verizon phone

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-28-2013 03:33 AM
    Verizon.
    12-28-2013 06:39 AM
    On verizon also; after 4.3 could not get FixFi to work. After seeing this thread, I reopened FoxFi and it asked to download a certificate; which I did and it now works!
    12-28-2013 08:27 AM
    Great to hear FoxFi is working again! Question: for those of you who got FoxFi to work again, what version of FoxFi are you using?
    I'm using FoxFi version 2.13 which I believe is an older version. FoxFi still works for me only because I had delayed the forced update.

If FoxFi doesn't work for me in the future, I would probably resort to rooting my phone to provide wireless tethering. Worst case is that I would (gulp!) pay Verizon an additional $29.99 monthly to get *authorized* wireless tethering.

On verizon also; after 4.3 could not get FixFi to work. After seeing this thread, I reopened FoxFi and it asked to download a certificate; which I did and it now works!
    12-28-2013 10:04 AM
    I'm so glad I checked this thread! I was really bummed about losing my wifi hotspot. After reading the posts above I had to try it and just like the others said, I had to download a CA certificate, set a PIN (you have the option of setting a pattern, PIN, or password) and now it works! I'm running PDANet+ version 4.13.2. Thanks everyone and thanks Foxfi!
    12-28-2013 10:44 AM
    FoxFi Ver 2.14.1 here
    12-28-2013 10:49 AM
    FoxFi Ver 2.14.1 here
    Same here.
    12-28-2013 11:51 AM
    glad to see that FoxFi foxes are on this so quickly...

as of yesterday, my 100% stock never-rooted Verizon Galaxy Note 2 with 4.3 OTA update works perfectly with FoxFi!!!!!

The hotspot message is no longer there and my DVR, SmartTV, tablet, and even my home security
    system can connect to the Note 2 via wifi flawlessly!
    12-28-2013 12:11 PM
    Yeah mine works as well now... It asked me to put a pin on my phone which I never use and now I can't get it off.. Any tips appreciated.

Sent from The Darkside of the Womb
    12-28-2013 12:21 PM
    Just updated to 4.3. Haven't tried foxfi again yet but I will be using it almost daily once school starts again. I remember the same thing happened with my old Droid Razr Maxx. A Verizon update broke foxfi but they got around it using the certificate thing. Just glad it's working again! I really wanted to update but didn't want to have to root/rom.

Noted via tapatalk
    12-28-2013 01:10 PM
    So I just installed the certificate and everything is working perfectly as far as foxfi goes but I have a question about the lockscreen changes that were made during the certificate installation. They made me activate a screen lock by choosing a pattern,pin or password , I was not using a screen lock before this and now I'd like to change it back but on the screen lock settings page certain selections are now grayed out with a note under them saying "turned off by administrator,encryption policy or credential storage" how do I make the grayed out selections available to me?
    12-28-2013 02:11 PM
    Here's a screenshot of what I'm trying to explain in the above post

Attached Thumbnails Foxfi on 4.3-1388261573762.jpg  
    12-28-2013 02:13 PM
    Just updated to 4.3. Haven't tried foxfi again yet but I will be using it almost daily once school starts again. I remember the same thing happened with my old Droid Razr Maxx. A Verizon update broke foxfi but they got around it using the certificate thing. Just glad it's working again! I really wanted to update but didn't want to have to root/rom.

Noted via tapatalk
    I don't know what the heck is wrong with Verizon.... adding the roadblock for using FoxFi in the update is just silly.

I'm willing to bet that 99% of the people who use FoxFi are going to find a way to get around it one way or another.

If Verizon really wants to block people from using hotspot free of charge, all they have to do it update their internal
    system to detect unpaid hotpost tethering. (even then, there are ways to get around it, if you root)

$20 is way too much to ask people to pay for hotspot. However, I'm sure most people will be happy to pay $5 to $10
    per month. Instead of making $0, Verizon will make more money by lowering it to $5 to $10.
    12-28-2013 02:14 PM
    I don't know what the heck is wrong with Verizon.... adding the roadblock for using FoxFi in the update is just silly.

I'm willing to bet that 99% of the people who use FoxFi are going to find a way to get around it one way or another.

If Verizon really wants to block people from using hotspot free of charge, all they have to do it update their internal
    system to detect unpaid hotpost tethering. (even then, there are ways to get around it, if you root)

$20 is way too much to ask people to pay for hotspot. However, I'm sure most people will be happy to pay $5 to $10
    per month. Instead of making $0, Verizon will make more money by lowering it to $5 to $10.
    I just looked yesterday and they were charging $30 for hotspot, I was expecting something around $5 and figured I'd just suscribe to avoid the hassle but I should have known better.
    12-28-2013 02:28 PM
    I just looked yesterday and they were charging $30 for hotspot, I was expecting something around $5 and figured I'd just suscribe to avoid the hassle but I should have known better.
    foxfi works after u accept the credential when u first open it. why pay verizon?
    12-28-2013 06:25 PM
    foxfi works after u accept the credential when u first open it. why pay verizon?
    I love Verizon. I must find new ways to pay them more money!
    12-28-2013 06:59 PM
    I love Verizon. I must find new ways to pay them more money!
    yeah i love how they charge $5 for 250 sms. if it wasn't a necessity for a few things, I'd not even have SMS enabled on my account. i typically get less than 20 SMS messages per mo. I do all my messaging on Hangouts (stupid name eh?)
    12-28-2013 07:04 PM
    foxfi wasn't working at the time
    12-28-2013 07:57 PM
    Type in a wrong password on lock screen then unlock by using your email n then u have slid to unlock again with foxfi working
    12-29-2013 01:40 AM
    If you don't want the unlock password Type in a wrong password on lock screen then unlock by using your email n then u have slid to unlock again with foxfi working
    12-29-2013 01:42 AM
    Uninstall it then reinstall it install certificate add password n villa ........If you don't want the unlock password Type in a wrong password on lock screen then unlock by using your email n then u have slid to unlock again with foxfi working
    12-29-2013 01:43 AM
    So I just installed the certificate and everything is working perfectly as far as foxfi goes but I have a question about the lockscreen changes that were made during the certificate installation. They made me activate a screen lock by choosing a pattern,pin or password , I was not using a screen lock before this and now I'd like to change it back but on the screen lock settings page certain selections are now grayed out with a note under them saying "turned off by administrator,encryption policy or credential storage" how do I make the grayed out selections available to me?

If you don't want the unlock password Type in a wrong password on lock screen then unlock by using your email n then u have slid to unlock again with foxfi working

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a screenshot of what I'm trying to explain in the above post

DaManx22 likes this.
    12-29-2013 01:47 AM

- - - Updated - - -

So I got slide to unlock to work again but I'm still wondering why those other optios on that page are still uavailable
    12-29-2013 08:33 AM
76 1234