Foxfi on 4.3

DaManx22

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what the heck is wrong with Verizon.... adding the roadblock for using FoxFi in the update is just silly.

I'm willing to bet that 99% of the people who use FoxFi are going to find a way to get around it one way or another.

If Verizon really wants to block people from using hotspot free of charge, all they have to do it update their internal
system to detect unpaid hotpost tethering. (even then, there are ways to get around it, if you root)

$20 is way too much to ask people to pay for hotspot. However, I'm sure most people will be happy to pay $5 to $10
per month. Instead of making $0, Verizon will make more money by lowering it to $5 to $10.

I just looked yesterday and they were charging $30 for hotspot, I was expecting something around $5 and figured I'd just suscribe to avoid the hassle but I should have known better.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I just looked yesterday and they were charging $30 for hotspot, I was expecting something around $5 and figured I'd just suscribe to avoid the hassle but I should have known better.

foxfi works after u accept the credential when u first open it. why pay verizon?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I love Verizon. I must find new ways to pay them more money!

yeah i love how they charge $5 for 250 sms. if it wasn't a necessity for a few things, I'd not even have SMS enabled on my account. i typically get less than 20 SMS messages per mo. I do all my messaging on Hangouts (stupid name eh?)

texazpitbull

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
If you don't want the unlock password Type in a wrong password on lock screen then unlock by using your email n then u have slid to unlock again with foxfi working

texazpitbull

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Uninstall it then reinstall it install certificate add password n villa ........If you don't want the unlock password Type in a wrong password on lock screen then unlock by using your email n then u have slid to unlock again with foxfi working

texazpitbull

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So I just installed the certificate and everything is working perfectly as far as foxfi goes but I have a question about the lockscreen changes that were made during the certificate installation. They made me activate a screen lock by choosing a pattern,pin or password , I was not using a screen lock before this and now I'd like to change it back but on the screen lock settings page certain selections are now grayed out with a note under them saying "turned off by administrator,encryption policy or credential storage" how do I make the grayed out selections available to me?

If you don't want the unlock password Type in a wrong password on lock screen then unlock by using your email n then u have slid to unlock again with foxfi working

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a screenshot of what I'm trying to explain in the above post

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

DaManx22

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

So I got slide to unlock to work again but I'm still wondering why those other optios on that page are still uavailable

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
You guys are the freakin' best! Foxfi works for me after the update! I just now finished the forced update after having delayed the update for 5 days.

Before updating, I installed the latest version of Foxfi. After the Verizon update, Foxfi requested to add the certificate which I did, and now all is good again!

Foxfi is the best $8 app I've ever purchased, truly great sh!t !!!!!! Woooohooooo!!!!!!!

texazpitbull

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
You guys are the freakin' best! Foxfi works for me after the update! I just now finished the forced update after having delayed the update for 5 days.

Before updating, I installed the latest version of Foxfi. After the Verizon update, Foxfi requested to add the certificate which I did, and now all is good again!

Foxfi is the best $8 app I've ever purchased, truly great sh!t !!!!!! Woooohooooo!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Does having Google authenticator installed hinder this process?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Could someone please translate this into standard English? I have no idea what this person is saying, but I suspect they have a good insight that I'm missing out on.

CeeDotSmith

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Could someone please translate this into standard English? I have no idea what this person is saying, but I suspect they have a good insight that I'm missing out on.

If you don't want to use a pattern to unlock your phone, when prompted enter an incorrect pattern until max attempts have been reached. Which will then require a password reset via the email address you provided initially. This will re-enable the regular swipe to unlock. No longer requiring a pattern to unlock your device. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Last edited:

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
As an FYI, I already had a password setup required to get past the lock screen. Some time ago, I had set up the encryption feature on my Note 2 phone which subsequently always required an 8 character password to bypass the lock screen. That's why Foxfi did not require me to set up a *new* password/PIN since I already had one in place.

Last edited:

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Nice translation there. While I can't vouch for it, sounds good to me, haha! :)

If you don't want to use a PIN/password to unlock your phone, when prompted enter an incorrect PIN or password until max attempts have been reached. Which will then require a password reset via the email address you provided initially. This will re-enable the regular swipe to unlock. No longer requiring a PIN or password to unlock your device. :)

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If you don't want to use a PIN/password to unlock your phone, when prompted enter an incorrect PIN or password until max attempts have been reached. Which will then require a password reset via the email address you provided initially. This will re-enable the regular swipe to unlock. No longer requiring a PIN or password to unlock your device. :)

I put in a wrong pin 5 times and it tells me to try again in 30 seconds. So I input the wrong pin another 5 times and it tells me to wait 30 seconds again. It just keeps doing this back and forth and I never get to reseting my password.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

CeeDotSmith

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I put in a wrong pin 5 times and it tells me to try again in 30 seconds. So I input the wrong pin another 5 times and it tells me to wait 30 seconds again. It just keeps doing this back and forth and I never get to reseting my password.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Apologies... I need to edit my statement. I tried as well. And it gave me a hard time. So I changed to pattern for the security lock. I swiped the wrong pattern a few times and the option for an email reset showed at the bottom of the screen. Give the pattern security option a try.