Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - Cannot install the update- Fails everytime

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Anybody try installing the update and having it fail?
I have been trying since 6:30 last night.

Verizon says it was flooded and there is a patch being worked on by samsung and to try back in 48 hrs.
This was multiple reps.....
Only thing I didn't try was a factory reset.

Could be because of security settings my phone has due to exchange?

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Tony, when you say flooded do you mean just the sheer amount of users trying to download? Also, patch for what exactly, did they say?
Sorry you're having issues getting it, wish I could help. Hope you get it straight.

Sent from my Note 2 via AC Forums App

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yep and still not working
The error message with certain devices showing install successful and install failed in the same popup is a bug. It's strictly installation fix. I removed cover, exchange account, any lockscreen etc. No password and no go.
Next is a factory reset.

Posted via Android Central App

delynnie

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Don't install it if you like the old Google maps and if you use any of the hotspot apps! You will lose them..so if you enjoy those items don't update...I hate it!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Don't install it if you like the old Google maps and if you use any of the hotspot apps! You will lose them..so if you enjoy those items don't update...I hate it!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks. I use waze. Weird that I cannot install the update. I may end up rooting and saying screw it

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Waze is a mapping service just bought by Google. But users report accidents hazards cops etc. Social media app for gps. Love it.

mntom

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Use your computer with the Samsung update utility. I could not get the update to work over air, but it worked when connected to my pc.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Use your computer with the Samsung update utility. I could not get the update to work over air, but it worked when connected to my pc.

I have tried mine multiple ways. OTA and using Verizon update manager and still can't get it. On the OTA it downloads ok then starts the update. I see the little android with the spinning animation and the you see him show the failed sign. Phone then reboots. When using Verizon update assistant it downloads the software but when getting to update the phone it hangs at 66%.

I tried factory reset, pulling battery, removing SD card and clearing cache. Still a no go. Called Verizon yesterday morning and they got me to tech support person and she said I had done everything they would have told me to do. She said they may have to send me a replacement phone then put me on hold. When she came back she had Samsung tech support on the phone and Samsung tech support basically denied the update was out for the Verizon note 2! I told her this came to me via ota and Verizon update assistant PLUS there are numerous people on this forum and other forums that were receiving the update successfully and that this update was OUT.. Anyway didn't get much further with that call. Went by Verizon last night and they tried a few things and still no go. The rep there told me to wait till Monday if no better he will get a replacement to me. I hope the above post about a fix coming is true. The rep told me last night that sometimes they do have to send updates to the updates. We shall see...

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Funny as I let the phone sit plugged in it did the update as you posted it. However, verizon is replacing the phone.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have tried mine multiple ways. OTA and using Verizon update manager and still can't get it. On the OTA it downloads ok then starts the update. I see the little android with the spinning animation and the you see him show the failed sign. Phone then reboots. When using Verizon update assistant it downloads the software but when getting to update the phone it hangs at 66%.

I tried factory reset, pulling battery, removing SD card and clearing cache. Still a no go. Called Verizon yesterday morning and they got me to tech support person and she said I had done everything they would have told me to do. She said they may have to send me a replacement phone then put me on hold. When she came back she had Samsung tech support on the phone and Samsung tech support basically denied the update was out for the Verizon note 2! I told her this came to me via ota and Verizon update assistant PLUS there are numerous people on this forum and other forums that were receiving the update successfully and that this update was OUT.. Anyway didn't get much further with that call. Went by Verizon last night and they tried a few things and still no go. The rep there told me to wait till Monday if no better he will get a replacement to me. I hope the above post about a fix coming is true. The rep told me last night that sometimes they do have to send updates to the updates. We shall see...

I was told if the update wouldn't install OTA then they replace it free of charge if you have total equipment coverage (not an insurance claim).

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I was told if the update wouldn't install OTA then they replace it free of charge if you have total equipment coverage (not an insurance claim).

Thanks for the info. I have the total equipment coverage, but I'm sure it would be a refurbished one that they would send....

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Humm. I left mine plugged in for about an hour and it just stuck at 66% and wouldn't budge..

Tony, just be thankful that yours finally updated. Samsung just called me and they really don't have a clue. They are still trying to tell me the 4.3 update hasn't been sent out for Verizon galaxy note and that the gear is not compatible with it!!! (the only reason I am trying to do the update is because I have the Gear already) I can't believe how Samsung support is. Anyway I guess I will have to get Verizon to replace it. Enjoy the holidays..

TheNinthAxis

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone released a sideload for 4.3 touchwiz, I am running clockworkmod recovery 6.0.4.3. Don't know much about android and rooting, I am rooted and can't get the OTA update, and have bricked my phone in the past updating to 4.4. I luckily got it to reload to factory 4.1.1 and then updated back to 4.2 and root. I would like to update to the newest software but the OTA keeps crashing. After I downloaded the OTA update it restarts and boots into Clockwork Recovery and asks if I want to update a unidentified rom and when I tell it yes it fails and reboots.

Antonio Michael

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
same thing happened to me samsung denied there was an update and its now february 22nd and my phone every 4 days asks me to install and i tell it to def for 4 more days because the update never works thing is the verizon assistant program isnt even showing me the MJ9 update its only showing me the 4.2.0 MC3 update i already have the MC3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC