It just occured to me that I don't need the Note 2 because i've never use the S-Pen in almost a year

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you the note 3 isn't really a big deal if you have already a note 2. I set up a note 3 for my dad and I was amazed at how I didn't covet it as there just wasn't much new ( that I found useful for myself) . The one thing that I did like however was the camera. It was much more successful at taking a sharp picture which I presume has to do with shutter speed

I'm just afraid that Apple will come out with a new iPhone 6
with screen size 5-inch or bigger sometime this year.

That may lure me back to iOS camp. :D :(

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I got a Note 3 and returned it. It's just not worth it because they are too similar. I sure hope the S5 or Note 4 will be more awesome.

I agree with you the note 3 isn't really a big deal if you have already a note 2. I set up a note 3 for my dad and I was amazed at how I didn't covet it as there just wasn't much new ( that I found useful for myself) . The one thing that I did like however was the camera. It was much more successful at taking a sharp picture which I presume has to do with shutter speed

My thoughts as well regarding the Note 3! :) For starters, I was hoping for a bigger screen size; closer to 6". Looking forward to the Note 4 though, which should be a much more compelling upgrade! :p

Highly doubt Apple will go any bigger than 5" (if they even hit that! probably 4.7" at most). Regardless, for me they could produce a 6" smartphone, but IOS and their walled garden would absolutely kill any interest for me!. My girl has an iPhone 4s and iPad 2 (both with IOS 7) and I can't for the life of me use them without utter and complete frustration with the restrictions and limited functionality they have compared to my Note 2 and Note 10.1. But to each their own. :)

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
4.7 is teetering on the limit for a screen size on a phone for me and I honestly would be intrigued by a 4.7 iPhone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I don't like iOS. we have 4 Touch's between my wife and I. we USED to use them, but once I got into Android, they quickly got put aside. If Apple came out with the perfect size screen I still wouldn't get an iPhone.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I use the Spen every day! Being a woman with long finger nails, it works perfectly for all functions on my N2. It is more accurate and faster when typing verses using my finger. The N2 is the best phone I have ever owned!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Was browsing craigslist earlier and I'm pretty sure the same guy I swapped the my note to in exchange for the RAZR is now looking to swap for something smaller. That was just funny to me. For a brief moment, I considered contacting him to get the note back. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Data speeds are what drew me to the note 3. Thanks to advanced wireless services, my average speeds increased 5 fold over my note 2 at work which has heavily loaded towers.

Aside from that, the display is sharper and more importantly brighter, which is especially important in direct sunlight.

The s pen on the note 3 works for the menu and back buttons.

The ir blaster is convenient because I always lose my remote.

S health is great in providing feedback on how much I have walked. It has helped me to increase my walking.

Overall, the note 3 was a worthwhile improvement over the note 2 for my uses.

But depending on your needs, it may or may not be worthwhile.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Data speeds are what drew me to the note 3. Thanks to advanced wireless services, my average speeds increased 5 fold over my note 2 at work which has heavily loaded towers.

Aside from that, the display is sharper and more importantly brighter, which is especially important in direct sunlight.

The s pen on the note 3 works for the menu and back buttons.

The ir blaster is convenient because I always lose my remote.

S health is great in providing feedback on how much I have walked. It has helped me to increase my walking.

Overall, the note 3 was a worthwhile improvement over the note 2 for my uses.

But depending on your needs, it may or may not be worthwhile.

I am still quite happy with my N2, but aside from several of the features you mentioned for the N3, I am most jealous of the Spen working on the Menu and Back buttons, which the N2 doesn't have :(

Margie

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I use my s-pen every day. With the Swype keyboard, and navigating my phone. It's one of my favorite features of this phone.

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2

I use mine all the time for the same things and also sometimes hand write a text message and also use it for notes.

It took me awhile to start using it, but once I started, I use it constantly.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am still quite happy with my N2, but aside from several of the features you mentioned for the N3, I am most jealous of the Spen working on the Menu and Back buttons, which the N2 doesn't have :(

Margie

The note 2 is still a good phone, and if I didn't have a few upgrades available, I would still be using it. But on Verizon, not using your upgrades is a waste, imo. I picked up my first Note 3 on release day for $90,but I wouldn't pay $300 for it since I already had the note 2

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
We have 2 upgrades available on my account but I don't use them because I don't want to lose unlimited. I'm also not sure how much longer I'll stick with Verizon anyway.

Noted via tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
We have 2 upgrades available on my account but I don't use them because I don't want to lose unlimited. I'm also not sure how much longer I'll stick with Verizon anyway.

Noted via tapatalk

Do you have at least one non unlimited line on the account? If so, you can transfer the upgrade from the unlimited line to the non unlimited line

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you have at least one non unlimited line on the account? If so, you can transfer the upgrade from the unlimited line to the non unlimited line

That's what we do too, like many others......we have 2 unlimited lines and 2 basic lines. Transfer the upgrade from the unlimited to the basic then move the new phone back to the unlimited line!

Margie

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That's what we do too, like many others......we have 2 unlimited lines and 2 basic lines. Transfer the upgrade from the unlimited to the basic then move the new phone back to the unlimited line!

Margie

If you didn't have the basic lines, you could add a line, get a new phone, get a contract phone, then transfer the upgrades from the unlimited lines to the non unlimited line. After that, suspend service without billing for half year, so you can use the line to upgrade the unlimited lines twice

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
If you didn't have the basic lines, you could add a line, get a new phone, get a contract phone, then transfer the upgrades from the unlimited lines to the non unlimited line. After that, suspend service without billing for half year, so you can use the line to upgrade the unlimited lines twice

"Suspend Service"? I can do this? We added the first bssic line a few years ago when we got rid of the land line home phone. Then added the second basic when Best Buy screwed up and said I couldn't transfer (long story) so I added that 2nd basic so as not to lose unlimited. We really don't use either of the basic phones, they just sit here for upgrade purposes to keep unlimited on our other 2 lines did as long as possible even though we are not huge data users (3-4 gigs) is nice to know we don't have to keep track of, go over $$$. 2 basic lines = $30 a month (2x9.99+tax=15+ per line)

Margie

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
"Suspend Service"? I can do this? We added the first bssic line a few years ago when we got rid of the land line home phone. Then added the second basic when Best Buy screwed up and said I couldn't transfer (long story) so I added that 2nd basic so as not to lose unlimited. We really don't use either of the basic phones, they just sit here for upgrade purposes to keep unlimited on our other 2 lines did as long as possible even though we are not huge data users (3-4 gigs) is nice to know we don't have to keep track of, go over $$$. 2 basic lines = $30 a month (2x9.99+tax=15+ per line)

Margie

If you do not use the basic lines, then you only need one basic line to transfer the unlimited upgrades which can be done online at Verizon. Some third party or in store may not allow this (even Verizon corporate store) . And that basic line can be suspended without billing for half the year every year, to reduce the cost. You can suspend service online which is free

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

Margie

I was upset that my Note 2 couldn't use the S pen for the BACK and MENU buttons also, but I googled it and there is an easy workaround using the S Pen. To go Back just Hold the button on the S Pen and draw the "<" symbol on the screen. For the Menu button hold the Button on the S Pen and draw the "^" symbol. Works for me and it's not the same as having the Note 3, but at least you don't have to use your finger and can just use the S Pen. Hope that helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie