is it possible to revert back to 4.1.2?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have three Verizon Galaxy Note 2 phones. Two now have 4.3 and one still has 4.1.2.
After playing with 4.3, I honestly think 4.1.2. worked a lot better. Not to mention some
apps that were broken by the 4.3 update.

Is it possibl to revert back to 4.1.2? If so, how does one go about getting it done?

Thanks! :)

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I dont believe it it, but what apps were broken by the update? I havent noticed any. Hell my battery life, which was killer anyway, is even better too. I have no issues except I cant use skynote rom anymore

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

ejb1013

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I dont believe it it, but what apps were broken by the update? I havent noticed any. Hell my battery life, which was killer anyway, is even better too. I have no issues except I cant use skynote rom anymore

Why did you unroot and take the OTA if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.5

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
My note bricked running a rom and dont have a pc right now capable of rerooting my note. Wish I was still on skynote. But the update is great. Its fast and fluid with great battery life. Knox is stupid, but it hasnt hurt the phone any

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
My note bricked running a rom and dont have a pc right now capable of rerooting my note. Wish I was still on skynote. But the update is great. Its fast and fluid with great battery life. Knox is stupid, but it hasnt hurt the phone any

I have a different experience. My spare Verizon Galaxy Note 2 is only used as a wifi-only device. With 4.1.2, I always get more than 5 day of battery life with moderate usage.

After it got 4.3 update, the battery life dramatically decreased to less than 3 days, with the same amount of usage. :( Yes, I have tried doing factory reset a couple of times, but that didn't help. This is why I'm trying to find out if it's possible to go back to 4.1.2.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My Gallery will no longer connect to Dropbox Camera Upload folder, phone itself freezes/locks up, Disable Increasing Ring no longer seems to work which means my phone is back to only ringing when it wants to. These issues persist even after I did a factory reset and it installed 4.3 automatically. I am NOT happy. I had not planned on buying a new phone but my phone not ringing and the freezing is totally unacceptable.

Deb from my Note 2

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
All upgrade are a one way street. The only way to go back is to Root it. Which you would want to do anyway if you didn't want constant reminders and requests for you to update.

Brandon

Even rooting doesn't always allow you to revert back though. Sometimes it just bricks the device.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Cannot get google maps before the dreadful update. Ready to breakout my Droid x2 running gingerbread.

Anyone have a google apk prior to the update it is worth money.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams