Can't connect to my xp computer

v8440

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I have recently gotten the 4.3 upgrade over the air, and it seems that since then, I can't get the phone to connect to my win xp sp3 laptop. As a side note, I also reformatted my laptop at around the same time, so I don't know which machine is the problem. I installed samsung drivers for the note 2, and it does seem to recognize that the phone is hooked up when I plug the usb cable in. In my computer, it shows up as "verizon mobile" until the MTP media player windows dialog box appears. Then the icon for the phone in my computer disappears. The two options I'm presented with on the dialog box are "Transfer files" and "Take no action". It does not matter which I choose-when I pick either and click "ok" the box disappears and nothing else happens.

Do any of you guys know what's missing here? There's obviously some connectivity, otherwise neither the phone nor the computer would react at all when the cable is connected.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I have recently gotten the 4.3 upgrade over the air, and it seems that since then, I can't get the phone to connect to my win xp sp3 laptop. As a side note, I also reformatted my laptop at around the same time, so I don't know which machine is the problem. I installed samsung drivers for the note 2, and it does seem to recognize that the phone is hooked up when I plug the usb cable in. In my computer, it shows up as "verizon mobile" until the MTP media player windows dialog box appears. Then the icon for the phone in my computer disappears. The two options I'm presented with on the dialog box are "Transfer files" and "Take no action". It does not matter which I choose-when I pick either and click "ok" the box disappears and nothing else happens.

Do any of you guys know what's missing here? There's obviously some connectivity, otherwise neither the phone nor the computer would react at all when the cable is connected.

I would try downloading and installing the drivers again, and restart the PC. After that, try different cables, and USB ports.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463