How can I restore lockscreen security options after uninstalling FoxFi?

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So I finally un-installed Foxfi now that I no longer have an unlimited data plan and Verizon does not charge a monthly fee for hotspot.

The problem is I cannot restore some of my lock screen options such as swipe and facial recognition.
None is also blacked out, but that is my current setting. I am afraid if I changed the setting I would also lose "none".

When installing foxfi these were turned off by an administrator, encryption policy or credential storage change.

Short of a nuclear factory reset... Does anyone know how to restore these settings?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
In Settings > Security > Credential Storage (that's the location on stock Android, it should be something similar on the Note), try using the 'Clear credentials' option if you can. :)

gvlakers

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
This is a poor work around that they have currently. In able to use FoxFi you have to add that credential permissions which for some reason deals with a lock screen, but then you can't disable it without clearing the credentials which then resets Foxfi back to not working.

brandonv79

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
GV. They have instructions on there app page on how to dissable it without resetting foxfi. Not the easiest but it's a great option for those who are looking for it.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Careful with the instructions in the foxfi description. This is exactly what I did to create the problem that started this thread. All is okay until you un-install foxfi.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious what you mean that you no longer have unlimited data plan with Verizon, and that Verizon doesn't charge a monthly fee for hotspot.
Did Verizon cancel your unlimited plan? Or you changed to something different?

Thanks, Casey

So I finally un-installed Foxfi now that I no longer have an unlimited data plan and Verizon does not charge a monthly fee for hotspot.

The problem is I cannot restore some of my lock screen options such as swipe and facial recognition.
None is also blacked out, but that is my current setting. I am afraid if I changed the setting I would also lose "none".

When installing foxfi these were turned off by an administrator, encryption policy or credential storage change.

Short of a nuclear factory reset... Does anyone know how to restore these settings?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
A year ago I was convinced that Verizon was going to end the unlimited data plans. I have 7 phones on my family account and only my wife and myself had the unlimited plan left. I upgraded my droid x to a note 2 and gave it up for a 20 gig share plan and that has worked for me. I saved $100 a month by converting to the plan.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22