I'm trying to clear out any unnecessary files from miscellaneous storage since It's causing my internal storage to be a little over half full. At 154 something called OGQ is taking up the majority of the "miscellaneous" space. What is OGQ? Thanks!

sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    SniperProf likes this.
    01-22-2014 02:28 PM
    I believe it's a cache file for the Backgrounds HD app by OGQ. If you've used that app at any point, then it's a safe bet. You should be able to clear the file without issue, though if you actively use the app in question you'll probably have to re-cache whatever data it is storing there.
    SniperProf likes this.
    01-22-2014 03:36 PM
    Well, I've never heard of an OGQ app, but I do recognize the OGQ as the developer for a popular Background search app. Here's the link, maybe you installed one of their apps?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r?id=OGQ&hl=en
    SniperProf likes this.
    01-22-2014 03:40 PM
    Well, I've never heard of an OGQ app, but I do recognize the OGQ as the developer for a popular Background search app. Here's the link, maybe you installed one of their apps?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r?id=OGQ&hl=en
    Yep I do have that backgrounds app. Thank you!

sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    01-23-2014 06:16 PM
    OGQ is indeed installed as part of the Backgrounds wallpaper app, but if you don't know what it is and what it does you're missing out, because its job is to turn any static wallpaper into a pseudo-live wallpaper … specifically, one that slowly pans back and forth. Depending on the image chosen, that can add an interesting dimension to your homescreens.

Try the following … it's written with the Note® 4 in mind, but the procedure will be similar on other devices ᎓

1. Long-press an empty area of one of your homescreens

2. Tap "Wallpapers" at the bottom

3. Select a wallpaper — maybe one with an abstract sort of design, but this will ultimately be up to you — and tap "Set as wallpaper" at the bottom

4. Repeat steps 1 and 2

5. This time choose "OGQ wallpaper (HW+)"

6. Tap "Settings" at the bottom

7. This is what I use for settings … here again, you can play around and customize to your taste, and this is just what I use, for demonstration purposes ᎓

 • Simulated Scrolling = OFF
     • Number of Simulated Screens = 6
     • Automatic Scrolling = ON
     • Scrolling Speed = 2

8. Hit the device's "Back" button, then tap "Set as wallpaper" at the bottom

You will see the wallpaper you selected (the one chosen in step 3) slowly pan, or scroll, back and forth, i.e. left and right. In this case it's slow because "Scrolling Speed" was set to 2, because I personally don't like my wallpaper to be a distraction and prefer it to be, um, soothing (lol). But you can adapt the speed to the image chosen, so if you choose an action image for example, you might try setting the speed up around 7 or 8.

Basically just customize everything to your tastes. The idea here is it introduces a third category of wallpaper, one between static (still images) and dynamic (standard live wallpapers) by taking a still image and giving it *some* life, but not as much as (nor is it as interesting as, some might say) an actual LWP.
    06-18-2017 04:57 PM