Big video problems on my phone.

gurumonkey

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea why, but my video files are seeming to get corrupted on my phone. I've been storing them on my sd card (which has mostly worked great), but the last few times I'll film them, can play them right away (they look great), and then when i try to go back into the gallery it either shows them as broken or it displays an image but when clicked it says file can't play. If i put the sd card into my mac none of those files are even showing. I basically gave up and figured I needed to reformat the card, but even that didn't work well.

So I also looked at another thing that i feel like was weird. I checked how much storage was used up by my phone and it was pretty full, so I deleted stuff. however, it says that the system memory (under misc files) is at 5.67 gb! is that normal? what exactly is that stuff?

I tried running AVG free to see if i had a virus and maybe clean up my phone but it really didn't say anything.

Anyone have any tips? my end goals are to 1) get my phone to run fast and 2) be able to shoot and store video to my sd card again

thanks!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
That is normal for misc files if you have lots of pics or videos mainly due to cache and thumbnails. You can try clean master from the market and it will show you exactly what's there.

Also, sdcards of course can have corrupt files which can cause the issues you were seeing with the files.
Most people immediately reformat, to me that's a mistake.
When it happens to me I put the card in my PC and let Windows fix it by opening cmd and typing:
chkdsk /X /F driveletter:

gurumonkey

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
good advice. I'm on a mac, are the commands the same?

is there a way to clean all that cache? most of the images were on my sd card, but i transferred most of them to my computer and deleted the files.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
good advice. I'm on a mac, are the commands the same?

is there a way to clean all that cache? most of the images were on my sd card, but i transferred most of them to my computer and deleted the files.

I doubt the commands are the same, but Google chkdsk for Mac. I believe there is an equivalent.
The cache and thumbnails are making it quicker to access the pics.
It will return after cleaning at some point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey