Foxfi Bluetooth Connection wih 4.4.2 - are there ways to get around the limitations?

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I asked this question in a previous post and got lost in a discussion of the morals of using Foxfi to use the wifi connection without paying an additional $30 a month to Verizon to use this. Apparently the Bluetooth and USB options will still work with Foxfi with 4.4.2 if it ever comes to the Note 2. Here is my original question, can Bluetooth be made to function?

Just in case we ever get the upgrade to 4.4.2 with Verizon, it appears that the Wifi option is going to disappear unless they find a fix before then. I pair my tablets on occasion and I have tried the bluetooth connection. With the bluetooth connection I can get basic internet with annoying popups saying I don't have a connection, but I do get a connection. With other apps I get the error and cannot get a connection. I can't get e-mail nor can I get connected with my SSLVPN (Junos Pulse). Is there a setting I can fix or is this a lost cause? I have 4.4.2 on my Nexus 7 and I have yet to find a reason to upgrade, should I just refuse the upgrade as long as possible, if it ever does pop up, and keep the Foxfi option alive, or can bluetooth be made to work?