Verizon Note 2: Rooting question

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I use Google wallet but as you know Verizon and other carriers have blocked the nfc payment feature. For "security reasons" so they claim. I have heard once the kit kat update comes out they won't be able to block it anymore. I have thought about rooting before but 4.3 came out right when I was going to so I waited. Is there any roms that allow Google wallet to function properly? Or should I just wait for 4.4.2?

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I use Google wallet but as you know Verizon and other carriers have blocked the nfc payment feature. For "security reasons" so they claim. I have heard once the kit kat update comes out they won't be able to block it anymore. I have thought about rooting before but 4.3 came out right when I was going to so I waited. Is there any roms that allow Google wallet to function properly? Or should I just wait for 4.4.2?

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
I would suggest waiting for 4.4.2 and see if it's enabled. There may be a way to install it on a rooted Note 2 that involves a modified app to get it working on the Verizon Note 2.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
If you took the 4.3 OTA you won't be able to install a custom ROM, the bootloader can't be unlocked.

I don't know if root alone can make wallet work, but it might.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12