Do you Think Verizon will Block Google Wallet in KitKat update?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Just about the only reason I'm looking forward to Kit Kat, is the ability to use Google Wallet with the Tap to Pay option. I don't want to use ISIS, I prefer Google Wallet. I know you can Root and put a ROM on that will have Kit Kat and the Ability to do this, but I've rooted before and don't wish to do it just for that option. Do you think Verizon will Try and Block The use of Google Wallet in the Kit Kat update? Knowing Verizon it wouldn't surprise me. I hoping they don't do this.

Last edited by a moderator:

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Just about the only reason I'm looking forward to Kit Kat, is the ability to use Google Wallet with the Tap to Pay option. I don't want to use ISIS, I prefer Google Wallet. I know you can Root and put a ROM on that will have Kit Kat and the Ability to do this, but I've rooted before and don't wish to do it just for that option. Do you think Verizon will Try and Block The use of Google Wallet in the Kit Kat update? Knowing Verizon it wouldn't surprise me. I hoping they don't do this.

After the Kit kat update they won't be allowed to block it anymore. The reason some carriers blocked it was for "security reasons". Real reason is because they had deal with Isis wallet. Read this in a article somewhere not sure where now.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Don't know, it works fine on Sprint kitkat, but does NOT work on T-Mobile kitkat.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
After the Kit kat update they won't be allowed to block it anymore. The reason some carriers blocked it was for "security reasons". Real reason is because they had deal with Isis wallet. Read this in a article somewhere not sure where now.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

I'm hoping what you said in the beginning of your quote is true. I just don't trust Verizon, and I see ISIS as being a reason for them to block it.