Verizon Note 2: Stock email app broken

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been having a lot of trouble with the stock email app. It won't show new mail in notifications, won't play sound or vibrate. I can't uninstall so I can reinstall it. It also updates very damn slow and doesn't sync properly. I am thinking about a full on factory reset but hoping someone has a fix.
Thanks!

It won't even let me turn off or stop the app. I can't uncheck the show notification arrow either.
TIA!

Last edited by a moderator:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Stock email app broken

I have been having a lot of trouble with the stock email app. It won't show new mail in notifications, won't play sound or vibrate. I can't uninstall so I can reinstall it. It also updates very damn slow and doesn't sync properly. I am thinking about a full on factory reset but hoping someone has a fix.
Thanks!

It won't even let me turn off or stop the app. I can't uncheck the show notification arrow either.
TIA!

You should try clearing its data. Otherwise, you can try another email client like CloudMagic or Bluemail.

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

You should try clearing its data. Otherwise, you can try another email client like CloudMagic or Bluemail.
Tried that! my next step is a factory reset. completely cleared all data erased the email account and started from scratch!

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

Try another email client!
Went back to Samsung booth in Best Buy. Told the guy to look into stock email app problems and called Samsung and they had no known issues. We went through every setting and everything was supposed to work. Evidently I have some stupid software glitch. I downloaded the paid version of aquamail and everything works fine even in push.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek