Plantronics Voyager Pro Bluetooth headset poor audio, any other options?

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 Voyager Pro BT headsets and have been using them for the past couple of years. Although I find them very comfortable, I do not like the audio quality, both for outgoing and incoming conversations. Yesterday I was recording a greeting on a VM using the VP and I was very dissapointed with the audio quality. The audio was weak, tinny and quite poor. Actually the speakerphone sounds 10 times better.

Some might argue that the problem is with Samsung BT radios that aren't as good as others.

But I wonder if anyone who has actually used the Voyager Pro, has found other models with better overall audio quality and comparable comfort?

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 Voyager Pro BT headsets and have been using them for the past couple of years. Although I find them very comfortable, I do not like the audio quality, both for outgoing and incoming conversations. Yesterday I was recording a greeting on a VM using the VP and I was very dissapointed with the audio quality. The audio was weak, tinny and quite poor. Actually the speakerphone sounds 10 times better.

Some might argue that the problem is with Samsung BT radios that aren't as good as others.

But I wonder if anyone who has actually used the Voyager Pro, has found other models with better overall audio quality and comparable comfort?

I am using the Voyager legend. It works great with the Note 2. Audio quality is great. It is the best Bluetooth headset I have ever had.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I too use the Voyager Legend. Sometimes it requires an earpiece reset for it sound good. I would go with the Plantronics updates too. Consider pairing your Pro with another phone/tablet to test it's functionality with that device. If it sounds much better, it is your phone's issue. And make sure it is at least 50% charged.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I hated BA when I used one years ago.
I have used the Voyager 510, 520 and the pro for years. Never a problem. Phones used with it were the Moto Q9m, BB 8830, Droid Incredible, Galaxy Nexus and Note 2......When did you notice the problem? I use a parrot system in my car and it has gotten worse since 4.3.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
well, I was updating my greeting on a voice mail, tried it with the VP and also the speakerphone, and the VP sounded terrible. The speaker was way better, so am thinking about upgrading, but I have 2 Voyager Pros in very good shape and don't want to throw them away. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1