Verizon Note 2: 4.4 news?

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone heard any news from vzw about the 4.4 update? I know we'll probably be last to get it like always.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: 4.4 news?

This is the note 2 not the note 3. So what does that have to do with it being on the note 2? lol :confused:

I never did understand why KitKat is made available for the Note 3 before the Note 2. Shouldn't it be the other way around? :) If would be different if the Note 2 was a retired/discontinued device, but Verizon is still selling them.

hey ap

May 23, 2013
Visit site

All of the updates are coming at the end of the Month (April)... But we are Verizon so probably mid-May.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

All of the updates are coming at the end of the Month (April)... But we are Verizon so probably mid-May.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Yeah I just saw that. I am looking forward to the removal of the nfc payment block vzw put on Google wallet.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one not looking forward to kit Kat on my Note 2 until they have fixed the issues with usb-otg. When I upgraded my Maxx to 4.4 it stopped reading and writing to the external drive. There were 3 different apps that were needed as a fix. But, not a very good one.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one not looking forward to kit Kat on my Note 2 until they have fixed the issues with usb-otg. When I upgraded my Maxx to 4.4 it stopped reading and writing to the external drive. There were 3 different apps that were needed as a fix. But, not a very good one.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

What bug is this? I can connect my ps3 controller via USB otg cable with no problem and I have used the otg cable with a thumb drive and also works flawlessly. Although I did have a problem with the cable itself and had to replace it. Have you tried replacing the otg cable itself?

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
According to a site I was just on says that the VZW Note 2 is slated to get 4.4 in May. Along with several other versions of the Note 2.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
So my question is what is going to happen when 4.4 is updated on to my note? What's going to make me want to even update in the first place?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae