Verizon Note 2 4.4.2 is being pushed out

sbdunks

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Should I put my Verizon sim back in to ensure that I receive the update? Something tells me verizon won't push it to phones running on a at&t or tmo sim.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Should I put my Verizon sim back in to ensure that I receive the update? Something tells me verizon won't push it to phones running on a at&t or tmo sim.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

probably... the Verizon SIM card also has to be active in order to receive the update.

I have two Verizon Galaxy Note 2 phones. The 2nd one has never seen a Verizon SIM card inside. I put a T-Mobile prepaid SIM card inside and started using it as soon as I bought the phone at Best Buy a year and half ago.

I will not let it update. Both Note 2s are rooted and locked down.(i.e. to prevent OTA updates) Verizon's website shows 19 new things in this Kit Kat update. Not a single one interests me at all. :)

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
OTA updates aren't based on location.

My ex-sister-in-law's wife just got it on her Verizon Galaxy Note 2 a couple of hours ago.
(Baltimore, Maryland)

It was actually my own Note 2 for several months until I sold it to her. She just said on
her FB page that she didn't like it because a couple of apps no longer worked or kept
crashing after KitKat OTA update from Verizon was installed. :(

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I forgot but I definitely know that it is not based on location. I just did multiple Google searches on it and I still can't find anything about it. Weird.

Their is no method to it. It is actually completely random, you may get an update first one round and then the next update your phone gets your last to get it.

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
There might not be a exact order but it seems that people on the east coast always seem to report getting it first.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

api7342

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
How long do rollouts last? It looks like the Sprint rollout that started a couple of weeks ago is still ongoing.

Posted via Android Central App

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Been looking for the ota all night. Does anyone know if the ota is out or is it just through the vzw updater right now?

YeOldeGoat

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I bought a used Note 2 Verizon and am using it in canada in Rogers Wireless sim. I know I cant get the update OTA, but i got verizon sofware upgrade for windows last night and updated to I605VRUAND3 which is still 4.3. Is kitkat going to be available on the updater any time soon? Right now it says im up to date on 4.3.

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Whay are folks in such a hurry to become Verizon's guinea pig for this new 4.4.2 update?

When Verizon pushed the most recent update for my other phone, the Galaxy Note 3, it totally f----d-up the battery life. (just seen posts in the VZW Note 3 forum) I'm not letting OTA update touch my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, especially since this 4.4.2 will be the last OTA update for the Note 2.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Been looking for the ota all night. Does anyone know if the ota is out or is it just through the vzw updater right now?

I tried to update through Verizon upgrade assistance on my PC and i get the "you phone is up to date" so let's be patient lol. I want it now. I pay lots of money. Lol