07-26-2014 01:17 AM
82 1234
tools
    Well, the shield is back on the notification bar again this morning, so just declining the Security Policy Update doesn't work. I'd update it, but want to make sure it doesn't stop me from doing anything in the future regarding my phone. Would really like to know what this update really does.
    As far as I can tell, their term of 'policy' update is what we're used to calling an 'anti-virus' update as it's updating malware definitions. It shouldn't have anything to do with rooting, unlocking, etc. If you do find out otherwise, please let us know.
    06-14-2014 02:33 PM
    did they throw the mock locations, usb debugging, and developer options back in?. cuz i'm not seeing it in 4.3.

and what about the gps chip problem? everytime my phone is rebooted. it takes awhile before it starts working. and i don't mean locking in either. i mean the gps light don't even light up.

and google nav always has the volume reset to zero. when rebooting.
    06-14-2014 03:49 PM
    did they throw the mock locations, usb debugging, and developer options back in?. cuz i'm not seeing it in 4.3.
    Developer Options starts off hidden. To un-hide it, go to Settings > About > then tap Build Number 7 times.
    Neofite and snowwy66 like this.
    06-14-2014 04:35 PM
    Yes it is

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
    So what does this do?
    06-15-2014 09:50 PM

and what about the gps chip problem? everytime my phone is rebooted. it takes awhile before it starts working. and i don't mean locking in either. i mean the gps light don't even light up.

and google nav always has the volume reset to zero. when rebooting.
    I'm confused... 4.3 is not Kit Kat... that's Jelly Bean... If these were not on in your 4.3 phone... they will not be on when an update to 4.4 (Kit Kat). And upgrading to 4.4 does not turn this off... at least if the update is done OTA from Verizon.

At any rate these options exist in both versions once you've done the "7 tap" to turn them on.

Maybe, I'm just confused cause I'm not understanding your point about those developer options?

~ScottGeek.
    06-17-2014 06:38 PM
    Did a factory reset today and my phone is much snappier with kit Kat now. Battery still isn't as good as 4.1, but that's okay I guess

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    06-17-2014 08:47 PM
    ? Are there any SD issues with this update? Would i lose access to my files?
    06-18-2014 09:15 AM
    ? Are there any SD issues with this update? Would i lose access to my files?
    I did not see any... I mainly have pictures on my SD... they were all there after the Update.

~ScottGeek.
    Solid_Droid likes this.
    06-18-2014 05:17 PM
    It is true you cannot use a file manager to copy files manually to the SD card

Note 2 & Gear 2
    06-18-2014 08:40 PM
    Yes it is true you cannot use a file management app to move files around on your phone. But you can still do so from your PC. Or by using the samsung "My Files" App. I was able to move a downloaded video from the app folder to my movie folder through the my files app. Not as nice but it gets the job done. I have read in a few places that ES File Explorer works but I have it and it doesn't work. I guess you need Root.

I myself have just done a factory reset as I only got 10 hours of battery and I didn't do anything different than usual. And usually I get 17 to 20 hours. I really hope that it gets better.

Later,
    Brandon
    06-18-2014 09:50 PM
    Hey guys, Lucidmike is still making videos for the Note 2 & he's done a few about the changes with the Kit Kat update. He doesn't have the VZW version so some changes might be a little different, but still worth checking out. He says there'll be 4+ parts to this.

808TBolt and hengey like this.
    06-19-2014 08:49 PM
    I noticed that when listening to Pandora if I lock my phone and then go to unlock it the home screen is the album art for the song that's on. I do have a question, when I reboot the phone I get a notification up top that says "Network may be monitored by a 3rd party". I click on it and it says that one of my "Trusted Certificates" is allowing a 3rd party to monitor my network activity, emails etc. If I click on check trusted securities I get a list of 30 or so random names that are checked off. Some of them say Root etc. I can't figure out what this 3rd party certificate is and if it's an issue with security and being monitored. Could be the NSA???
    06-20-2014 06:24 PM
    quick question about the Verizon OTA for 4.4.2:

when you press power to unlock the phone, is there still that bit of lag time before the lock screen comes on for you to punch in your pin number?

that was the problem with the Verizon OTA to 4.3. (the only reason i have 4.3 was because my original Note 2's USB port stopped working, making it impossible to charge the phone with the charging cable)
    06-20-2014 06:30 PM
    I have noticed that when using Chrome that when I go to a website that it will load but be blank. Also a lot of apps will just sit there and load takes a lot longer than before the update.
    06-20-2014 07:59 PM
    This update is horrible. Streaming video on 4g or wifi via hulu plus and hbo to go stutters. I am very unhappy with verizon as they just ruined my phone as I use hbo to go and hulu plus daily and now I cant use it. Time to call and complain to them and if they dont fix the problem that they caused with this update they forced on us I will complain to the bbb and my states attorney general

Posted via Android Central App
    06-20-2014 08:01 PM
    This update is horrible. Streaming video on 4g or wifi via hulu plus and hbo to go stutters. I am very unhappy with verizon as they just ruined my phone as I use hbo to go and hulu plus daily and now I cant use it. Time to call and complain to them and if they dont fix the problem that they caused with this update they forced on us I will complain to the bbb and my states attorney general

Before you call the President, try resetting the phone. My phone has 4.4.2 on it and I haven't had the issues you are having.
    api7342 and dloseke like this.
    06-20-2014 10:56 PM
    I noticed that when listening to Pandora if I lock my phone and then go to unlock it the home screen is the album art for the song that's on. I do have a question, when I reboot the phone I get a notification up top that says "Network may be monitored by a 3rd party". I click on it and it says that one of my "Trusted Certificates" is allowing a 3rd party to monitor my network activity, emails etc. If I click on check trusted securities I get a list of 30 or so random names that are checked off. Some of them say Root etc. I can't figure out what this 3rd party certificate is and if it's an issue with security and being monitored. Could be the NSA???
    Do you have foxfi installed?

06-21-2014 12:19 AM
    I have noticed that when using Chrome that when I go to a website that it will load but be blank. Also a lot of apps will just sit there and load takes a lot longer than before the update.
    Try installing the Samsung chrome library app from the play store. It greatly increased the speed of chrome.

06-21-2014 12:21 AM
    Yes, I do have Foxfi, is that the issue? Thanks in advance.
    06-21-2014 01:38 AM
    Isis wallet won't open if you select Google wallet as the default payment app. Just because you make one app default shouldn't prevent you from using another.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
    06-21-2014 03:02 AM
    Hmm, as a Google Wallet user, I'm interested...

Can any FoxFi users comment on how that app is working under KitKat?
    FoxFi is working fine, used it several times since updating. Have to and manually turn on the stock Hotspot in settings, but it prompts you and gives you a link to get there quick. Speed seems similar, didn't notice any lag. Glad they got it fixed, wouldn't have updated if the app hadn't been updated to handle KitKat. Best of luck.

06-21-2014 08:32 AM
    Yes, I do have Foxfi, is that the issue? Thanks in advance.
    Yes, FoxFi on your phone will cause this message.

bkowiley likes this.
    06-21-2014 08:34 AM
    Anyone noticed the voice in Google Maps is now different when running navigation? I get a British Female. She is pretty smooth. Not sure if this is because of 4.3 or a Google Maps update.
    06-23-2014 10:16 AM
    Anyone noticed the voice in Google Maps is now different when running navigation? I get a British Female. She is pretty smooth. Not sure if this is because of 4.3 or a Google Maps update.
    No British accent on my Maps, but I'd be fine if there was. I like their accent.
    06-23-2014 10:21 AM
    No British accent on my Maps, but I'd be fine if there was. I like their accent.
    Lol. Do you have GPS on in location settings before you use maps or turn it on once using it then turn it off right after? I'm curious to know if I should just leave GPS on in location settings. Will it run battery or does GPS not run unless you are using an app that needs it? It's different now.
    06-23-2014 12:31 PM
82 1234