Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

kentrol72

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
There is a5 second delay when you say okay Google now before it chimes and records . there is no delay when using The Voice keyboard or when using s voice only on Google now

Posted via Android Central App

grumpy1111

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Since the update, my SCH-I605's usb port doesn'twork. It works to charge the phone, but when I plug it into my home computer to move pictures or music to the computer, the computer never sees the phone now... It used to see the phone and you could move files back and forth. Now, I can't even use KIES cause it won't see the phone. I really need this to work for pictures and files....I need help and fast!

brandonv79

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Since the update, my SCH-I605's usb port doesn'twork. It works to charge the phone, but when I plug it into my home computer to move pictures or music to the computer, the computer never sees the phone now... It used to see the phone and you could move files back and forth. Now, I can't even use KIES cause it won't see the phone. I really need this to work for pictures and files....I need help and fast!

Grumpy, I don't know if this is Something that will work for you or not but using Google Drive to sync files works great. Yes it isn't as fast as USB transfer but as long as you have WiFi you are good to go. I use my phone as a camera for work a lot and we have our USB ports locked so I can't use that method. So I synced my PC with my drive and it's right there by the time I get to my desk. Granted if you don't have access to WiFi then it will kill your Data. As for why you can't access your phone through USB is a mystery to me. Is there any settings to tell your phone what to do when plugged in in your notification bar?

Brandon

Brandon

grumpy1111

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I move from office to office in my work, so no wifi..I used to get notifications when I connected my computer to the phone, before kitkat, now nothing. All the port on the phone does is charge. Doesn't matter is USB debugging is on or off, nothing...
Verizon unlimited data plan...if that makes a difference...I can't mount the phone as a hard drive, view anything on it, etc....this sucks.

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
the cooling down icon pops up and doesn't disappear even after my phone has cooled. I tried swiping it away but it is persistent. I haven't touched my phone for about an hour and it feels cool but the icon won't go away.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
the cooling down icon pops up and doesn't disappear even after my phone has cooled. I tried swiping it away but it is persistent. I haven't touched my phone for about an hour and it feels cool but the icon won't go away.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Do you have a picture of this?

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
So far I'm less than impressed with the update. My phone seems to lag on everything I try to do from unlocking to writing a simple text message. These are some of the things I've noticed so far (about 1 week in since upgrade).
-- Serious lag when opening apps, closing apps, basically doing anything on the phone
--My email client (not gmail) routinely notifies me of new email when there is none. It also does not update in real time like it used to and I often have to hit the refresh icon to see if there is something new
--The battery life does not seem any better than previous and takes longer to charge. Yesterday I had an anomaly where my phone was at 79%, plugged in it, and 20 min later it said 100%. I unplugged and then very quickly the battery drained to 83%.
--I like the text notification on the lock screen, but the font is so big that I can't read more than a few words of the text. Can that be changed?
--I hate the new revised emoticons in the Samsung keyboard
--When I get a voicemail, the new voicemail icon stays in the notification bar until I physically delete the message. Even after I listen to it, it still shows as new. Anyone else have this?
--I don't stream video too often, but this week watching the World Cup was awful because it kept freezing. I don't know if it was purely network traffic or some KK glitch that someone else mentioned with Hulu and HBO.

That's about all I've noticed so far and unfortunately most are negative making me wish I wouldn't have upgraded. I've never done a factory reset, but I'm assuming that deletes all of your data. How hard is it to back up the phone and restore? I should probably do that anyway!

Kristi

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
So far I'm less than impressed with the update. My phone seems to lag on everything I try to do from unlocking to writing a simple text message. These are some of the things I've noticed so far (about 1 week in since upgrade).
-- Serious lag when opening apps, closing apps, basically doing anything on the phone
--My email client (not gmail) routinely notifies me of new email when there is none. It also does not update in real time like it used to and I often have to hit the refresh icon to see if there is something new
--The battery life does not seem any better than previous and takes longer to charge. Yesterday I had an anomaly where my phone was at 79%, plugged in it, and 20 min later it said 100%. I unplugged and then very quickly the battery drained to 83%.
--I like the text notification on the lock screen, but the font is so big that I can't read more than a few words of the text. Can that be changed?
--I hate the new revised emoticons in the Samsung keyboard
--When I get a voicemail, the new voicemail icon stays in the notification bar until I physically delete the message. Even after I listen to it, it still shows as new. Anyone else have this?
--I don't stream video too often, but this week watching the World Cup was awful because it kept freezing. I don't know if it was purely network traffic or some KK glitch that someone else mentioned with Hulu and HBO.

That's about all I've noticed so far and unfortunately most are negative making me wish I wouldn't have upgraded. I've never done a factory reset, but I'm assuming that deletes all of your data. How hard is it to back up the phone and restore? I should probably do that anyway!

Kristi

Have you cleared partition cache? That doesn't delete you stuff.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have not cleared the partition cache. What are the steps to do that? Thanks for the tip. I'll try anything!

Shutdown phone > push power, up volume and home button at the same time (a menu should pop up) > move down to clear partition cache with volume button > push power button to select > wait for this to clear cache > go down to restart and there you go.

tituswife

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
The message and phone icons that I have at the bottom of the screen, no longer show a count.

Sent from my stock Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using SwiftKey

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The message and phone icons that I have at the bottom of the screen, no longer show a count.

If you are using TeslaUnread Plugin for Nova Launcher, then restart the launcher: Nova Settings>Advanced>Restart Nova Launcher.

If still no joy, then you may need to clear cache a data of affected apps (phone and message apps)

tituswife

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, 1812dave. You mentioned a launcher, and so I went to look at mine (Apex). It turns out that I needed their (free) notifications app. All is well, now. Thanks, again!

Babbah Shanaba

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I am having a terrible experience with the upgrade that I was forced to install. I started another thread for this topic since this one looked pretty rosey. This is the upgrade that is pushing me off the Android OS cliff! Only rooting my devices from here on out, IF I stay with Android. They really did it to me this time. Anyone else out there starting to notice the mess they made us download?

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
You didn't specify any details at all about what issues you are having?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy