Kit Kat observations on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
My notification panel is white now where it was color in Jelly Bean.
Post your observations and changes here.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
My notification panel is white now where it was color in Jelly Bean.
Post your observations and changes here.
Not much looks different but I just got the upgrade this afternoon.
Two things I have found
You get the option to make the handwriting keyboard float.
You can create combinations of applications in the multi-window function and save them to automatically open both apps at once.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep you will notice unless Sammy has done some coloring of their own that KitKat brings back more of the blacks and whites and moves away from the long winded Holo Blue(s) that we were used to from Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Using DogCatcher.. I was getting download errors and had to reset the download directory. I heard of this happening with some apps that store data out of bounds on the device.

Posted via My Note 2

Last edited:

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The best feature to me is that Google wallet is now finally unlocked for us. Some other interesting thing are you can now download Google's camera app and there is a new Google Chrome add on app that is just for Samsung phones.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Using DogCatcher.. I was getting download errors and had to reset the download directory. I heard of this happening with some apps that store data out of bounds on the device.

Posted via My Note 2

Ya I had the same problem with Pocket Casts. I set a custom folder and then it worked.

The best feature to me is that Google wallet is now finally unlocked for us. Some other interesting thing are you can now download Google's camera app and there is a new Google Chrome add on app that is just for Samsung phones.

So does this mean we can pay via NFC with Google Wallet?

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for mentioning the chrome add on. Holy cow chrome is really fast now!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, as a Google Wallet user, I'm interested...

Can any FoxFi users comment on how that app is working under KitKat?

Foxfi works just fine. Only difference is that it now prompts you to manually turn on the hotspot. Other than that, works the same.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded last night and so far no problems. I've Been waiting for Google Wallet Tap to pay forever. Tried it tonight and got an Unknown error (said not sure if transaction went through, ask the cashier) on the Wallet app, but it went through and asked the guy at McDonalds if it worked and it did.

I'm Really not liking that it updated my Google Voice Search, which I use instead of S voice for making phone calls with my bluetooth devices. Just get a beep in my earpiece and the blue ant bluetooth speaker phone in my car, I can't hear the beep and kept getting "I didn't catch that" from the speaker. Does anyone know where I can get an earlier version of Google Voice Search, where it says "Say a name or Number" and then asks if you want to call it? I don't remember which version it was, but prefer that. Now the voice just asks after you speak after the beep. Prefer the old way. I guess I can adapt, but definitely like the old version I had better. No choice to undo updates in the app manager in settings for Google Search, Like there was in 4.3.

Also I have a shield in the notification bar above on the left side and it says Security Policy Updates, which I've never seen or noticed before i updated. I do have Lookout on my phone, but not sure if it's from that app or not. I don't want to hit it as i don't know if it's legit or not. Anyone else have this. I've seen it posted on the Note 3 forum when I looked up what it is, and didn't really see an answer from anyone to what it is exactly. I would like to know though, before I update it.
EDIT: I found it on another forum for S3 users, I just declined it when It asked to update the security policy update. I will have to see if that gets rid of it.

Otherwise I like it so far. My biggest thing is finally getting Tap to Pay with Wallet.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Also I have a shield in the notification bar above on the left side and it says Security Policy Updates, which I've never seen or noticed before i updated. I do have Lookout on my phone, but not sure if it's from that app or not. I don't want to hit it as i don't know if it's legit or not. Anyone else have this. I've seen it posted on the Note 3 forum when I looked up what it is, and didn't really see an answer from anyone to what it is exactly. I would like to know though, before I update it.
EDIT: I found it on another forum for S3 users, I just declined it when It asked to update the security policy update. I will have to see if that gets rid of it.

I also got the shield notification, did a little research & found out that is part of Samsung's software. It supposedly checks for malware. You can find it by going into Settings > Security > Security Policy Updates. You can check it to learn a little more (but not much) & uncheck it to turn it back off.

If anyone has any real info on this, please let us know more about it.