Music restarts from beginning after I take a call

sardar615

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
My GN2 is stock, never rooted, and I just updated to 4.4.2 and I am using the stock music player. Before this update if I was listening to music and a call came in, I can take the call, and once the call ended, it would resume playing at the point the call started, and now if I answer the call, it restarts the song from the beginning. This seems to happen, if it is a long call, not a minute or 2 minute call...I am not sure if that helps or hurts in figuring out a way to change that? I tried to look in the player but I don't see any settings to either pause or play music during the call. Can someone please help, thanks.

Update ---- I realized that it doesn't have to be because of a call, but if I pause the song with the button on my headphones, and try to play it again after 5 minutes, it will start from the start. This is very annoying when I am trying to listen to meetings or podcasts, and things like that. Please tell me there is a way to fix it.....

Last edited:

V-King

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a very similar issue with my Note Edge running 4.4.4. I tried a few players (the built-in Music, Google Play Music, then Next Music) and all behave in the same way: if I leave music/audiobook on pause for at least a little while, it restarts from the beginning once I resume it. It might be OK with songs, but it sucks with longer files such as podcasts or audiobooks.

I'm still looking for a solution. While researching this, I ran into a post made in 2010 where people complained about the same thing. 5 years later, no fix? Or is it a recurring issue? :)

V-King

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE: I installed VLC player. I paused it, ran some other apps, left the phone for about an hour, used other apps some more, went back to VLC and it DID NOT restart from the beginning. It continued to play from where it was left for a while, a minute or so.... and then rolled back to the beginning of the track! I'll keep testing other apps and post here if I find something suitable.

V-King

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE #2: VLC turned out to be more stable than I initially thought. After that first "rewind", it haven't failed ever since. It's been up on my phone in the background, and was still there after I left my phone charging for the night. This afternoon I brought VLC back up, and it was still paused on the precise moment I left it over 14 hours ago. So, try VLC and see if it works for you.