Hello all,

Running into an issue that I can't seem to find too many reports of so here I am. I have a Note 2, Verizon, Kit Kat, just factory reset. My camera and gallery aren't responding. I had this problem with my GSIII and bought a Note 2 off CL. Phone works well but I can't take pictures or access my gallery.

Camera opens and gets stuck on the default welcome screen. Gallery mostly won't do anything when i press it. Just freezes the screen and sometimes opens but never loads any pictures and force closes.

Tried clearing the cache in safe mode but that didn't work. I tried clearing the cache in Settings>Apps>etc but it just says processing and never finishes.

Not really sure what to do, play store is also acting up and not installing/taking forever to dl apps
    pranjal12345 likes this.
    07-28-2014 10:06 AM
    Welcome to the forums.
    Play store issue: try resetting app preferences. Settings>apps>menu>reset app preferences. I don't know why, but it can help with Play issues.

Camera/gallery: Have you tried clearing cache in recovery? http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html
    pranjal12345 likes this.
    07-28-2014 10:23 AM
    cleared recovery cache and the camera's back but still no gallery. i've got like 455 photos from when android consolidated 2 albums into one, could it just be crashing the app?
    07-28-2014 10:48 AM
    cleared recovery cache and the camera's back but still no gallery. i've got like 455 photos from when android consolidated 2 albums into one, could it just be crashing the app?
    Possibly. I have never encountered this before.
    07-28-2014 11:04 AM
    removed the sd card and the gallery is working again. i think my card is corrupted?
    07-28-2014 11:28 AM
    removed the sd card and the gallery is working again. i think my card is corrupted?
    Possibly. The card could also be causing errors with the OS.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App
    07-28-2014 12:10 PM
    thanks for the help. ordering a new sd card. hopefully that will help.
    07-28-2014 01:21 PM
    Let us know how it goes.

07-28-2014 02:53 PM
    Okay so after resetting all the settings and even performing a hard reset I've come to assume it can only be the SD card. Must have been a corrupt file in my gallery that was causing a bunch of issues. I formatted the SD card and it began to function like normal. Now have a brand new one installed just in case. Phone's running fine
    07-30-2014 01:56 PM
    Okay so after resetting all the settings and even performing a hard reset I've come to assume it can only be the SD card. Must have been a corrupt file in my gallery that was causing a bunch of issues. I formatted the SD card and it began to function like normal. Now have a brand new one installed just in case. Phone's running fine
    Good to hear. Thanks for the follow up.

07-30-2014 03:52 PM