Well, new phone season is upon us again and, for those of us with unlimited data, we want to keep it. So, what's the new method for doing so these days?

My plan is the classic Nationwide Talk and Text with unlimited data and I upgraded to the Note 2 years back and was able to keep my UDP. Now, this time around, I have my plan with (1)my unlimited data note 2 and (2) my basic line with no data. My unlimited line is due for an upgrade and has been for 2 years now. My basic line does not have an upgrade available until 11/27/14.

Can I transfer my upgrade from my unlimited line to the basic line, purchase the Note 4 on the basic line, activate it on the basic line, then deactivate it, and reactivate it onto my UDP line and keep my UDP?

I know this is how I did it with the Note 2 and I'm just wondering if this is still how everyone is keeping their UDP?
    homestead likes this.
    09-18-2014 01:09 PM
    Supposedly their putting a stop to that.. It what I've done for years. There was a post or a vzw memo somewhere.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    09-18-2014 04:25 PM
    As I understand it any upgrade requires a new contract. The only way around this is adding another line. You can get a new phone on a "tablet line" for $9/mo. but you can't cancel the contract on it for 2 years. (switching phone numbers around is not a problem) So basically you'd pay an additional $220 for the device. If the contract price plus $220 is less than retail, it's worth it. And you can always find a cheap used tablet to use on the extra line you're paying for. My suggestion is to go to an authorized dealer, not a VZW store. They're motivated to help you and make money for themselves without the corporate restraint of "doing the right thing" for the carrier. Just make sure to check your UDP status online afterwards to make sure someone didn't click the wrong button and move you to a new contract.
    10-02-2014 03:01 AM
    I heard when you upgrade in the $9 line and get a smartphone you pick a data package. If you then transfer the new phone to the unlimited line, you will have to keep the data plan that was chosen for the upgrade...i haven't tried this as i too are with a unlimited plan and a note 2 with a side $9 line.

Let me know how you make out.

Sent from the Dark side of the Womb.
    02-10-2015 08:13 PM