As stated in the title. When I look at my phones battery stats the number one battery drain is Android System. My battery life has started to become horrendous. I have uninstalled all the recent apps and they haven't fixed anything. It also starts to get laggy out of nowhere. Yes I have cleared cache, Yes I have cleared all my random files and DL's. I used to average 18 hours of heavy use and 21 or so of light use. Does anyone have any advice? I do have GSAM battery monitor installed and it's been there for a while so I may be able to get some statistical data from it? I never really go in the app.

Thanks in advance,
    Brandon
    10-03-2014 11:46 AM
    What typically is running when you go into Task Manager>Active applications? I found out a few days ago that Widget >Active Applications on my homescreen was showing up at the top of the battery usage stats, so I shelved it, due to a recent reduction in battery life around the time I placed it on the homescreen. Not sure that was the culprit, but I'm trying to eliminate possible issues. There are apps I use such as Fox News that don't want to drop off of the Active apps list unless I expressly end them.

Keep checking your battery stats (I'm sure you know the stats reset only after the battery has fully charged and you have removed the charger) throughout the day. I've found that normal operation means the Screen should be the number one item on the battery stats. Android System is sometimes number two, or a ways down on the list.

Keep checking your Active Apps, also.
    10-03-2014 11:58 AM
    My Note3 has been doing this for some months now as well. My suspicions are a few updates back in Google Now, or at least integration that supports Google Now. I've been using Now more and more and liking it, but after one of the updates, the battery usage climbed for Android System and Android OS. Between those two, I'm often close to 50% battery use or a bit over. And often over the screen battery consumption as well. The last two or three weeks, its been dropping a bit. Today, they combine to 35%, still high seeming.

On the other hand, I'm not really having battery life problems anyway. It's just odd how those two climbed to the top of my usage.
    10-03-2014 06:19 PM