My phone battery was at 11% the other night so I turn it off and plug it in for a good overnight charge. An Android icon shows up, with the words underneath, something like "updating do not turn off device..." So didn't and when I work up the battery was dead and the phone will no longer charge it.

WTF was this? an official update or something else?
    More importantly, how do I fix it?

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!
    11-10-2014 01:06 PM
    It seems like a step is missing there. So you turned the phone off at 11%--does this mean you powered it off completely, or just put the screen to sleep? Then you plugged it in overnight to a wall outlet to charge. Now when did you see the Android screen? Was it an Android with its chest compartment opened up, and a twirling shape in it? Did you power on the phone any time before this?
    11-10-2014 07:37 PM
    It seems like a step is missing there. So you turned the phone off at 11%--does this mean you powered it off completely, or just put the screen to sleep? Then you plugged it in overnight to a wall outlet to charge. Now when did you see the Android screen? Was it an Android with its chest compartment opened up, and a twirling shape in it? Did you power on the phone any time before this?
    1) ran battery down to 11%
    2) turned phone off
    3) plugged wall charger in phone
    4) within 1 minute Android icon (no gears in chest ) and message appeared
    5) went to sleep
    6) woke up and phone was dead. battery won't charge in phone
    7) same thing happened to my backup phone!!!!!
    used a different charger too.
    11-11-2014 02:31 PM
    That's very weird If it's powered off, it shouldn't turn on when plugged in. And it certainly shouldn't boot up into Recovery Mode or Download Mode.

And it's even stranger that it happened to your backup phone--which phone is that? Can't say that I have an explanation for any of that, sorry.
    11-11-2014 02:35 PM
    That's very weird If it's powered off, it shouldn't turn on when plugged in. And it certainly shouldn't boot up into Recovery Mode or Download Mode.

And it's even stranger that it happened to your backup phone--which phone is that? Can't say that I have an explanation for any of that, sorry.
    Another Note 2.
    It's the strangest thing I've ever seen.
    11-11-2014 06:38 PM
    Do both phones have the same apps installed? I wonder if one of those apps might have glitched at the same time.
    11-12-2014 10:38 AM
    Do both phones have the same apps installed? I wonder if one of those apps might have glitched at the same time.
    It couldn't be an app because the backup phone had previously been factory reset...

Only thing that is in common with both phones is me, sim card and SD card. Maybe I'm just cursed
    11-12-2014 07:23 PM
    After it was factory reset, did any of the apps automatically reinstall? Factory resetting a phone and then setting it back up with your Google account doesn't necessarily mean it's a clean slate, since it could have automatically reinstalled your apps (if you had Automatically Restore checked in Settings>Backup & Reset).
    11-12-2014 09:50 PM
    I factory reset it and skipped the initial setup. No apps other than stock.
    11-13-2014 09:31 AM