Is it pretty much over here?

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I remember the hype, the waiting then the excitement of the release of the Galaxy Note II.
Now it looks like there is pretty much nothing new or exciting about the N2.
Anybody feel different?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, it has been two years and two new models later now. :) I'm sure most have moved on to other devices. I have with the Note 4; although I still have my trusty ol' Note 2 yet as a backup. It was and still is a great device! :D

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I still have my trusty ol' Note 2 yet as a backup. It was and still is a great device! :D

Yes indeed. I use mine every day, almost all day. I replaced my speaker once and a flip case but it still works great. Same battery although I have a spare. It's probably the best phone (phablet) I've ever had. I see no reason to trade it in although my upgrade eligibility is next month.

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine still works for me and I am a power user for sure, Exchange mail with Touchdown and constant calls, texts and occasional Facebook and Twitter checks, videos and a ton of pictures, same battery and I have dropped it many times, no real problems to speak of.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Not to persuade anyone to the Note 4, but it does have some very compelling advantages over the Note 2. The first is the screen resolution and quality, it's just beautiful! You have to see it first hand to fully appreciate it. Next is the improved S-Pen, it now has a soft tip and comes with replacement tips if needed (compared to the non-replaceable hard tip on the Note 2). Not to mention all the numerous software improvements for the S-Pen as well. Finally there's the vastly improved build quality with the metal frame and soft touch back (sans the cheesy faux stitching of the Note 3). IMHO, it's well worth upgrading to despite my positive feelings yet toward my Note 2. :)

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Still very much liking my N2. Bought it on Launch day, so I've had it over 2 years now. Its got its scrapes and scratches. Its been naked its whole life, seen different cases (zero lemon, extended battery, etc). I recently purchased an LG G3, looked at it, and thought, meh, my N2 suits me fine and sold it. Nothing has really "moved" me the way the N2 did when I first got it. Im a heavy user: Pandora, Netflix, Splashtop, Torrents, etc. It does lag sometimes and sometimes depending on what I've got open it seems unresponsive. Im liking the Turbo just because the fast charge, but no sd card kills it for me. So I guess im just holding out for the next big thing, like the screen size, never use S-Pen, so maybe the S6 when it comes out if its a bit bigger.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
If it weren't for the fact I have all sorts of battery issues and power issues, I'd stay with the GN2 forever. But since I keep burning up batteries and the phone keeps turning itself off at inconvenient times, I'm going to have to update to the GN4.

Just hope I can root it, since I am very reliant on SD card storage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon