I'm on my second Note 2 (Been using this second one for about 5 months) and I'm having a very strange problem where my Verizon signal just goes to nothing (the circle with a / through it) when my phone's battery gets to below 30%. It started about 2 months ago where when it would get below 11% I would lose all Verizon signal but I could still use wifi. Then about 1 week ago it started getting no signal when it would get below 20% (still able to use wifi). And now just today it got to 32% and I lost all signal again (yet again can still use wifi). I can't find any solutions (maybe a new battery as my current one is the one I have had since the first phone and is draining stupid fast now?). That's another thing I will mention, the battery life just started being terrible about 1 month ago. I used to get at least 3 hours of screen time if I pushed it and now I can barely get 1 hour and 30 minutes on a good day. Any ideas? This really sucks when I get to 30% and i'm away from a charger and can't even make emergency calls...
    01-14-2015 04:07 PM
    Sounds like the battery is failing and not holding a proper charge anymore. So I'd try a new battery first and see if that fixes the issue. Otherwise only other thing I can think of is you may have an app that's configured to shut things off (ex. cell radio) when the charge level gets to a certain point?

I was going to suggest Samsung directly but looks like they're currently on back order: Galaxy Note ™ II Standard Battery (3100mA)

AC's own ShopAndroid has it in stock: Samsung 3100mAh Standard Battery for Galaxy Note 2 - Android Batteries - ShopAndroid

Or may be a local store such as Best Buy? Doubt a local Verizon store would have them anymore (they usually limit stock of older items).
    01-14-2015 10:48 PM
    After 5 months of killing the battery (letting it drop to 10% is killing it - don't let it get below 40%), it's losing capacity. That's normal for a battery that's starting to go bad.

As far as the signal, possibly the radio is a bit weak (if the battery goes down, the radio has more problem receiving, transmitting or both) or the modem (the firmware for the radio) isn't as good as later ones, and with a slightly weaker signal (from the weak battery), it can't hold a signal.

Replace the battery (you can find plenty of good ones on Amazon - original Samsung or Anker is one that people seem to be happy with) and see if keeping it working (charging at about 40%-50%) improves the radio.
    01-14-2015 11:31 PM
    Check Amazon for a new battery as well.
    01-14-2015 11:31 PM