Galaxy Note 2 acting up like crazy, help!

IceQueen2015

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I've had my note 2 for almost a year now, I purchased it on eBay because my Blackberry died. It worked great for months, but suddenly, the last month or so, it's been acting horribly - especially this week.

Just to name a few of the NEWER problems I'm having :

Phone is lagging like crazy, freezing up constantly, shutting off at random. Etc it'll be working briefly then out of nowhere it will shut off on me without any warning. Then I'll try to restart it, and it'll get stuck on the Verizon screen, and if I plug it in as I restart it, I notice it tends to reboot normally.

The phone is constantly dropping the signal and saying mobile network not found. If I try to go on my browser while talking, it will drop the signal and won't regain it until I shut it down and start the phone back up. So I can't even touch my phone now if I'm on a call as it drops the signal and says Mobile network not found.

Flash is no longer working on camera, neither is the flashlight app. If I even try to use my camera, it will force the phone to shut off... Very inconvenient when you're on an outing and it dies every time you try to take a picture.

The phone will tell me I have 75% battery, then next thing I know, 10 minutes later, it randomly dies. So I restart it and it says I'm down to 3% life..... How is that possible in just a few minutes? It will bounce back and forth between charge percentages - one minute it'll say 17%, the next it'll say 52%.... I don't get it. It also randomly stops charging, or if it's off the charger, occasionally it will tell me my battery is fully charged and to Remove it even though it's not connected to a charger at the time .....wtf??

The phone will randomly stop charging. I'll go to check progress and it will have obviously stopped charging previously, but I'm not sure why as I never moved it or anything.

I'm ordering a new battery, as this one failed the spin test, but I'm afraid that there's more wrong than just the battery. I cannot afford a new phone, that's why I bought a used one on eBay. Please help me figure out what's wrong here and what I can do to fix it, I rely on this phone for a lot of things, I can't be without it!

Thank you!

Last edited:

eth555

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I would try a factory reset, then only add back apps you use at first. I did this a few months ago with mine and it really sped things up; I was having a hard time even typing messages it was so laggy. I also cleared my cache at the same time so it was as close as possible to getting it new. Time to clean house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007