Verizon blocking the "Samsung Galaxy Apps" app

her24gl

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I just went back to my Note 2 after powering down my Note 7. I had to fight with the people at Verizon to re-push the Samsung Galaxy Apps app (it's there just hidden) to make it usable for me, so I could use the new Samsung Gear Fit 2 that I got with the Note 7 purchase from Samsung. They did push it down again overnight that night on the Note 7. Well, now that I'm back with my Note 2, I again have the same problem. I can't access the Samsung store (I need that app to do it), so I can't re-download any of the themes or the watch faces I purchased for my phone or my GearFit 2. The tech I talked to at Verizon is clueless as to why I would need to access the Samsung store. I got tired of arguing with him and hung up. I went to the Samsung Galaxy Apps page on their website, and downloaded the Apps app from there, but when I tried to install it on my phone, I get an error message that says, "An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed." The installation fails and I'm still dead in the water. The app is there....verizon is just blocking it.

Anyone have any suggestions other than to just keep beating my head against the wall with techs from Verizon? Samsung is closed today - the tech said he tried to call them.

Thanks!!