Last summer I was in Canada for a few days and my Note II couldn't get any phone signal or internet connection. My wife's S5 worked just fine. When I got back to Montana I went to the Verizon store and they told me that Canada was switching all their towers and the Note II didn't have the right antenna to work anymore. It's an older phone so I thought maybe... I wouldn't worry about it since I wasn't planning to go back to Canada any time soon. But... we are going to Canada again this year. I was checking out my plan on the Verizon web site and found that International roaming for my line was turned off. ??? I never turned it off. It was still on for my wife's phone. I had it in 2015 and my Note II worked in Canada. So I turned it back on.

So I just thought I'd ask: Will my phone work in Canada. I want to hold out and see what the Note 8 looks like before I make any decisions on a new phone. I'd just as soon keep my Note II for a while longer.
    05-20-2017 05:16 AM
    Last summer I was in Canada for a few days and my Note II couldn't get any phone signal or internet connection. My wife's S5 worked just fine. When I got back to Montana I went to the Verizon store and they told me that Canada was switching all their towers and the Note II didn't have the right antenna to work anymore. It's an older phone so I thought maybe... I wouldn't worry about it since I wasn't planning to go back to Canada any time soon. But... we are going to Canada again this year. I was checking out my plan on the Verizon web site and found that International roaming for my line was turned off. ??? I never turned it off. It was still on for my wife's phone. I had it in 2015 and my Note II worked in Canada. So I turned it back on.

So I just thought I'd ask: Will my phone work in Canada. I want to hold out and see what the Note 8 looks like before I make any decisions on a new phone. I'd just as soon keep my Note II for a while longer.
    Ha ha, I have 2 friends that still have a Note 2, one on Telus the other on Bell and they work just fine.
    The Note 2 is GSM / HSPA / LTE just like any new phone right now. There is absolutely no reason it won't work on Canadian Towers. Verizon apparently didn't know so they gave you a lame excuse.
    Cheers have fun in Canada
    wanzik likes this.
    05-20-2017 05:53 AM
    Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
    06-14-2017 06:18 PM
    I never did report back on this... yes, my Note II worked just find in Canada.
    05-04-2018 06:27 PM