Additional batteries?

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen replacement batteries available yet? Nothing on the Verizon or Samsung sites. I checked with Seidio Online today, and they say they're working on them, but have no release date planned yet.

If Seidio can work its usual magic, I wouldn't be surprised to see them top off the 2100 mAH and release a 2500 mAh battery.

Biopsidy

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't mind seeing that. I have a Rezound right now and I threw the extended battery on there, which sits at 2,750mah and for the most part it lasts most of the day. And that's factoring in Sense (battery hog by a large amount) and the fact that it's still Gingerbread. I also leave my screen brightness to 100% all the time, GPS is always on. Majority of the day I'm not on Wi-Fi and I leave 4G. It's no Razr MAXX killer by any means, but it gets the job done.

I'm convinced that we won't see anyone make a phone to match Motorola's 3300mah this year at all other than Motorola, but I'm convinced that with ICS and anything but Sense, a 2500-2600mah battery is perfectly fine for an Android device this year that will promise all day battery.

If someone can throw in an aftermarket 2500'ish battery in a Galaxy S3 without making it any bulkier that's win win imo.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a 1600mAh from Seidio for my Fascinate, and it lasts MUCH longer than the stock battery. After almost two years of use, though, I've noticed that it's finally losing capacity.

Gotta love replaceable batteries, though. I can throw two or three extras into my bag and not worry about recharging for a couple of days.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy SIII 4000mAh Extended Battery + Pebble Blue Back Cover (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9300, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i535, T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung

This the hgyperion 4000mah extended battery with cover that I found on Amazon for the S3. I would buy but im guessing the current cases that are available for s3 would not fit the bigger battery :( Is there any word on an extended battery from samsung for the S3?

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy SIII 4000mAh Extended Battery + Pebble Blue Back Cover (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9300, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i535, T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung

This the hgyperion 4000mah extended battery with cover that I found on Amazon for the S3. I would buy but im guessing the current cases that are available for s3 would not fit the bigger battery :( Is there any word on an extended battery from samsung for the S3?

$13????

I would not let my S3 touch that battery with a ten foot pole.

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Also remember that the NFC antenna is integrated with the battery (WTF, why???) so if you plan to use the NFC features you need to keep that in mind when shopping for replacement batteries. I doubt the aforementioned $13 battery has it.