Screen Protector

amgalloway

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a preference for screen protectors? Easy to apply, obviously works well. Or have people found they don't need it with the Gorilla Glass.

You need one. The screen will get scratched whether it's gorilla glass or not. It takes a while, but you will regret not getting one when it's scratched.

9ks2k

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
How thick is Steinheil. All i can say is ived used Zagg in the past and it saved my phone many times from a cracked screen when i would face plant my phone on solid rock. Only thing with ZAgg is it doesn't stay clear and moves around after awhile, then collects lint on the edges. but nothing will protect ur phone better then a hard case or otter box wich im def buying asap

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
How thick is Steinheil

Plenty thick. It's almost like a tough layer of plastic when you first hold it, but it's still completely invisible once applied. In terms of screen protectors it's the closest thing you'll experience to the phone's naked glass. You won't regret it if you buy one. It's only 13 bucks or so with free shipping from their ebay store, and that gets you two shields so you can replace one later on if you have to swap your S3 for some reason down the road. And it only takes like 3 minutes to apply yourself.

If you want a screen protector then just do it, you won't regret it :)

Reactions: 9ks2k

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Plenty thick. It's almost like a tough layer of plastic when you first hold it, but it's still completely invisible once applied. In terms of screen protectors it's the closest thing you'll experience to the phone's naked glass. You won't regret it if you buy one. It's only 13 bucks or so with free shipping from their ebay store, and that gets you two shields so you can replace one later on if you have to swap your S3 for some reason down the road. And it only takes like 3 minutes to apply yourself.

If you want a screen protector then just do it, you won't regret it :)

Do u find that it goes on easy or tricky? .... I have seen difference in the brands. Never tried this brand.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Do u find that it goes on easy or tricky? .... I have seen difference in the brands. Never tried this brand.

Very easy. It's a dry install so you just line it up with the screen, lay it on, then use the little squeegie to push any air bubbles. Literally takes 2 minutes and you're done.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Steinheil has got various vids of applying the screen protector on their website,showing
some tips that may help ya .

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Screen protectors are from the old days of smartphones. You don't need them anymore. But if you must, like the others here, I would recommend the Steinheil Ultra - almost like not even having one on.

I run naked, but that is just how I roll....

I agree. I have been really tough on my DX. Always in my pocket with keys, coins, lighters, even my botttle opener :). Not one scratch on the thing. I do have some dents on the corners of the device from dropping it, but the screen is flawless. I don't think screen protectors are needed.

Maya

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought the SGP Ultra Clear but after reading more on the forums, I went ahead and ordered the SGP Ultra Nano Clear last night. Hopefully I will have it in my hands when my phone arrives.

Last edited:

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Wonder if anyone will come out with a screen protector to cover the purplish bezel? Also need something to cover the purplish home button!

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Very easy. It's a dry install so you just line it up with the screen, lay it on, then use the little squeegie to push any air bubbles. Literally takes 2 minutes and you're done.

I'm terrible at putting on screen protectors. How do you guys line up the screen with the phone without having to make adjustments to get it aligned? I always seem to get fingerprints underneath?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Just want to bump this up. Now that people have them in hand, is there any feedback on the Ultra Nano or the Rearth? I need to order one of the two today, assuming I will get my S3 sometime next week.

Johnnybee

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: Bbeelzebub

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I've decided to go without a screen protector and only use a TPU case for protection. Gorilla glass is pretty impervious to scratches and I've always been careful with my phones.

dillon24

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site

If you look at the picture on the bottom where someone shows it actually on their phone.. looks like some they had a few complaints about it.. but most of the reviews are good

dillon24

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
You may wanna check out their new product:
SGP just came out with what they call "Curved Crystal" for preorder , specifically for GS III

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Curved Crystal - GALAXY S3 - Samsung - Cell Phones

Anyone getting this? I'd like a review.. Ive had my rezound for 6 months and no protector,, no scratches but I also use a holster all the time so the face is pretty protected.. only thing I wonder is if a protector would help with the glare outside in the sunshine.. I'll wait til the new s3 is in hand before deciding on a protector or not