The Official Galaxy S3 Kickstand Case Thread

carlosrey23

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Coming from an HTC Thunderbolt, I need a kickstand on my next phone - the S3 (pre-ordered).

Please post a link of any kickstand cases you've found and hopefully a review with them.

ebay - Looks thick/bulky, but very sturdy and protective. MANY colors available.

Amazon Gel - Looks really nice! Not too bulky...I just question how sturdy the kickstand is.

Amazon Plastic - Looks really cheap. Maybe it's not a good picture? Wonder if it's flimsy too.

Option 1: Way too bulky. I bought it for the note and returned it bcs the phone was very wide and the added thickness made it uncomfortable.

Option 2: I have not made my mind it looks cool, but something about it....i'll way for user reviews....

Option 3: I actually had this case on my note for the month that I had it. While it does not look like something very substantial, the case actually really nice. TPU in the corners and side, and hard clear plastic in the back. On the note the kickstand became a nuisance when trying to write (s-pen) bcs the phone would "rock" back and forth on the hinge. The case is very slim and added negligible thickness to the phone. I also like the fact that the TPU in the front added a few millimeters of thickness so the screen never touched the surface if placed upside down.
I'm thinking about the Seidio Active case. The one for the Galaxy S3 isn't out yet, but I assume it will be close to the one for the galaxy nexus, which includes a kickstand. Will definitely be a bulkier case, but I have used their products in the past and they hold up well.

seidioonline.com

I like it but would have prefered that the kick stand didn't stick out of the back (hump).

I just purchased three cases from cuzerlite They have a nice assortment of colors and textures. I got a clear TPU case with gray andy on it, a translucent orange with Andy on the back, and smoked gray case for my White SGS3.

Sadly I think I'll get the cases before I get the phone!

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
There is the official Verizon one that i posted a few days ago in a previous kickstand case thread. it doesn't give as much protection as the seidio but the Verizon one is much less bulky. guess, it depends on what you are looking for. the verizon one can be used in both horizontal and landscape, seidio one, i believe only landscape.

Click to view quoted image
This looks like the one my wife had for her Droid X. Felt rather cheap, but worked. It wasn't TPU either...just some type of plastic. Think I would rather have a little more protection.

yeah, that's the one I have on order with the phone from Verizon. I had the Shell/holster(no kickstand) on the Samsung Fascinate I had and never really had an issue with it but the Seido one looks a lot better especially with the metal (thunderbolt-esque) kickstand.
I agree...Seido is looking good. Seems like I saw one for another model and the kickstand was really small...not very sturdy. Also, it only worked in landscape - which I guess is fine with me since the charging port is on the bottom.

Option 1: Way too bulky. I bought it for the note and returned it bcs the phone was very wide and the added thickness made it uncomfortable.

Option 2: I have not made my mind it looks cool, but something about it....i'll way for user reviews....

Option 3: I actually had this case on my note for the month that I had it. While it does not look like something very substantial, the case actually really nice. TPU in the corners and side, and hard clear plastic in the back. On the note the kickstand became a nuisance when trying to write (s-pen) bcs the phone would "rock" back and forth on the hinge. The case is very slim and added negligible thickness to the phone. I also like the fact that the TPU in the front added a few millimeters of thickness so the screen never touched the surface if placed upside down.

I like it but would have prefered that the kick stand didn't stick out of the back (hump).

I just purchased three cases from cuzerlite They have a nice assortment of colors and textures. I got a clear TPU case with gray andy on it, a translucent orange with Andy on the back, and smoked gray case for my White SGS3.

Sadly I think I'll get the cases before I get the phone!
Thank you for your input. Sadly, I think we can order our cases next week and still get them before we get the phone.

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Found another: Casemate Does portrait and landscape. My personal favorite, so far...
getDynamicImage.aspx
getDynamicImage.aspx

Last edited:

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
It looks like the seidio active case gives better protection but doesn't look as good to me. Hard choice.
Yeah, it will be hard choice. Seems like I remember seeing a Seidio and if I remember correctly, the kickstand was flimsy in that it was loose. I think the stand is metal, but loose and not spring loaded or anything. Honestly though, I cannot remember enough about it to go one way or the other.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I made a comment earlier in this thread about getting to cheap of a case .... I had mentioned that $3 was a little cheap when talking about a $200 phone ( not to mention such a big part of out lives now ).
In my mind I was thinking $10-$20 maybe $25. Then I look at the case-mate link provided above and they have a $40 case with no kick stand .... WTF is that about ? I

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I made a comment earlier in this thread about getting to cheap of a case .... I had mentioned that $3 was a little cheap when talking about a $200 phone ( not to mention such a big part of out lives now ).
In my mind I was thinking $10-$20 maybe $25. Then I look at the case-mate link provided above and they have a $40 case with no kick stand .... WTF is that about ? I

The $35 case mate one has a kickstand.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
The $35 case mate one has a kickstand.

For $35 the kick stand better be made of silver .... There is one on the site for $40 its called brushed aluminium.

I'm gonna get a tpu case to start out and then look for a kick stand that gets really good reviews from the AC membership after the phones arrive and have been tests out.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
A guy on xda had good things to say about the case mate kickstand case. But every online review has commented on how flimsy the kickstand is. IDK, for 35 bucks it better be nice.

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Ordered this one from ebay. Feels like the whole thing might snap in half or shatter if you drop it but can't complain for only $3.99. Also have the shell/holster combo coming from verizon if they ever decide to ship the phone.

This case feels great. Obviously I don't have the phone yet but I can definitely tell it will be a perfect fit and it doesn't feel cheap. The sides of the case is tpu.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I didn't know this case has a belt clip... Did I miss something?

I'm pretty sure that on that youtube review that was posted in the link the reviewer stated that there was also a belt clip that you could buy. He then said that it would be cheaper if ordered in the bundle.

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that on that youtube review that was posted in the link the reviewer stated that there was also a belt clip that you could buy. He then said that it would be cheaper if ordered in the bundle.
Ok, gotcha. Must have missed that part. I'm a pocket carrier. No belt clips for me.

spun2u

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Is it safe to assume that the Verizon SGH-I535 is the same size as the other overseas versions GT-I9300, etc..

I see some cases online but they list only Samsung I9300. I've been burned by buying a extended battery for my Nexus only to find out it was for the non-CDMA version.

EDIT: According to the wikipedia page for the GS3 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III all versions are the same Dimensions.