The Official Galaxy S3 Kickstand Case Thread

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok, gotcha. Must have missed that part. I'm a pocket carrier. No belt clips for me.

I'm a pocket carrier also, but I do have a few situations at work where a clip would be good .... If at the right price point ... However if members said it was prime to falling out deal off ...

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Is it safe to assume that the Verizon SGH-I535 is the same size as the other overseas versions GT-I9300, etc..

I see some cases online but they list only Samsung I9300. I've been burned by buying a extended battery for my Nexus only to find out it was for the non-CDMA version.

EDIT: According to the wikipedia page for the GS3 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III all versions are the same Dimensions.

Phil said that they are all the same in one of the reviews.

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Found another. It's a hard case (I'm partial to TPU)...

Link

0003.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Seido Actove case will indeed have a stand like many of there others now. They have a placeholder page for it with "Coming soon" (seidioonline.com)

This will be the case for me. There cases are well build, and I've never had a problem with one.

you can preorder the black one now with an estimated ship date of 7/3. other colors have no exact info yet.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Here's the same case/holster combo offered by Verizon but for $20 less.

Does the verizon one have the same texture on the back? I have not seen the verizon one for the s3, but on my rezound, the back texture is different than what is shown in the picture. Also, even if it is the same, it could be from a batch that didn't pass qc and was sold to a third party tor cheap. I would be more inclined to buy it if it were sold from a large proven reputable seller.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Does the verizon one have the same texture on the back? I have not seen the verizon one for the s3, but on my rezound, the back texture is different than what is shown in the picture. Also, even if it is the same, it could be from a batch that didn't pass qc and was sold to a third party tor cheap. I would be more inclined to buy it if it were sold from a large proven reputable seller.

We ordered similar cases for the torch 9850 at work and can't tell the difference between the overpriced verizon one and the ones we ordered from amazon for $8 shipped. There's also an amazon listing for $26.99 that is in Verizon packaging and the back does look a little different but I'm not seeing a reason someone should overpay Verizon if they're anything like the ones we use.at work.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
We ordered similar cases for the torch 9850 at work and can't tell the difference between the overpriced verizon one and the ones we ordered from amazon for $8 shipped. There's also an amazon listing for $26.99 that is in Verizon packaging and the back does look a little different but I'm not seeing a reason someone should overpay Verizon if they're anything like the ones we use.at work.

As long as the fitment is good, then no problem. I have bought no name cases before several phones before, fitment was poor, hard to access ports. Sure, i was able to get them to send me a replacement case - twice and finally got an ok one. Another time, could not access charging port with the stock charger, after some hassle, was able to get a refund. I have bought a 3rd party case for $1 for my wife's 4s and it fit great. Of course, it was made by body glove. Unless it is dirt cheap, i would rather buy a case from a reputable manufacturer, I would rather not deal with the hassle of a defective case.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up my holster kickstand case from Verizon. Same case as I've had from my DROIDX for 2 years. It's a nice low profile case and is perfect for what I need.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
surprisingly I like the full coverage of the $3.50 ebay case over the shell/holster combo from Verizon. It even fits in the holster so win win.

professorjay

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Coming from an HTC Thunderbolt, I need a kickstand on my next phone - the S3 (pre-ordered).

There are many case threads here and in other forums, but finding much about kickstand cases in them is like a needle in a haystack. I haven't made the purchase yet, but will post links to the kickstand cases I found.

Please post a link of any kickstand cases you've found and hopefully a review with them.

Amazon Gel - Looks really nice! Not too bulky...I just question how sturdy the kickstand is.

Yes, I've also been on the lookout for a kickstand case but few come close to what I'm looking for. This one and the Casemate are in the ballpark but I'm still not crazy about them.

I'm getting a white S3 and want a case that goes along w/ it. I don't want any black accents, much less a black border around the front of it. The one you have from Amazon is the only one that is all white, but I'd like to see some reviews first. It's not exactly a clean look and I'm not sure that bendy thing will survive a lot of use.

I wish Seidio would make a glossy white Surface w/ kickstand like they did for the One X:
seidioonline.com

In the meantime I'll probably go caseless until the right one comes around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers